Chapter 43: Leaving Remnant

Ruby sighed as she finished packing the last of the stuff that she is bringing with her.

It has been a week since she's awoken and since she seemed to be fine, Qrow thought it would be time for them to head out.

"Ready beloved?" Damian questioned poking his head through her door.

"Yeah." Ruby replied as she picks up her suitcase.

She then looks at her room and sighed knowing that she won't be back here for a while. "Everything ok?" Damian questioned.

"It's nothing. I'm just going to miss my room." Ruby answered truthfully.

She then turns to him and smiled brightly. "Anyway. We should get going."

And with that the couple walked out and nearly bumped into Tai.

Who just smiled, "Can't I at least get one last hug from my daugh—I mean niece." Tai said correcting himself since Ruby had finally come clean to him.

Ruby smiled as she hugs him, "You'll always be like a dad to me." she proclaimed.

Tai smiled at that and hugs the young huntress back. "I'm going to miss you."

"I'll miss you too." Ruby replied.

Tai then looks at Damian and narrows his eyes, "And you better take care of her."

Damian scoffed and rolled his eyes like he was insulted by the sheer audacity of that statement. "Really Tai? you should realize by now that Ruby doesn't need anyone to take care of her. But that doesn't mean I won't be there when she needs a helping hand."

Tai nods his head. "Good."

And with that the two finally pull away and give each other one more smile before they went their separate ways.

And when the couple made it downs stairs, they immediately saw Pyrrha, who was sitting in a wheelchair and looking down at her lap sadly.

"Hey, Pyrrha." Ruby greeted to her friend.

The red-haired girl turns her head and smiled at them.

"Hey." She greeted back.

"Everything ok?" Ruby questioned.

"Everything is fine. I just...wish...that I had the chance to say goodbye to my team. I'm going to miss them." Pyrrha proclaimed in dejection.

Ruby frowns, feeling sympathy for her friend.

But before she could say anything to comfort her, Damian walks pass her and grabs the handles of the wheelchair and begins to push Pyrrha through the opened door. "Let's get going."

But the second they made it to Qrow's car, the wind started to pick up as a silver bullhead that has the rose family symbol on it that seemingly came out of nowhere flies down to them and lands.

"Uh, what is that doing here?" Ruby questioned extremely confused.

Suddenly the doors opened which allowed the now revealed people inside to step out.

And those people where the rest of Team JNPR.

"Guys!!?" Pyrrha said in shock.

"Pyrrha!" Nora exclaimed happily and runs over to her friend and hugs her tightly.

Which resulted in Pyrrha starting to lose the ability to breathe but she was too happy to care and hugged the energetic girl back.

"Nora, you're going to suffocate her at that rate." Ren said as he walks over to Pyrrha's side.