Chapter 35: The Four Maidens

And soon after they were done talking the elevator door opened to Pyrrha Nikos, their chosen guardian.

"Good evening Miss Nikos." Ozpin greeted.

He then gestures to the seat in front of her, "Please sit."

"Thank you, Professor Ozpin." Pyrrha said as she took her seat and noticed Qrow.

Who just smiled and rolled his eyes as he walks away and leans against the pillar right next to the elevator.

"Now, how was your battle?" Ozpin said wanting to make small talk before they got down to business.

Pyrrha smiled, "It was amazing, me and Ren won and now I will be competing in the final rounds."

Ozpin chuckles at that, "Well, it comes as no surprise that they've chosen you to move on to the final round of the tournament. Your performance was exemplary." He complimented.

"Thank you, Professor Ozpin, but I would never have made it this far without my teammates." Pyrrha said humbly.

"Personally, I think it's the other way around." Qrow proclaimed.

Pyrrha looks at Qrow for a moment and gets up and faces the Huntsman with a smile, "I'm sorry, but I don't believe we've been introduced."

"Names Qrow." The huntsman replied.

"Qrow is a trusted colleague of mine." Ozpin stated.

Pyrrha narrows her eyes before they widen in recognition, "Qrow? As in Ruby's father?" she questioned.

Qrow blinked in surprised, "She told you?"

"No, Yang did. it was in...passing conversation. And frankly, I think you did a fine job at raising Ruby when Yang's father was...too much of a soulless shell to take care of both her and Ruby." She stated.

And before the Huntsman could react or say anything to that, Pyrrha turns her attention to Ozpin.

"Professor, if you don't mind me asking why have you called me here?" she questioned.

"Please, take a seat." Ozpin instructed.

And Pyrrha did just that but then Ozpin ask her a confusing question. "What is your favorite fairy tale?"

"I'm sorry?"

"Fairy Tales. Stories from your childhood. Surely you must remember some of them." Ozpin stated.

Pyrrha frowns as she gets a far off look in her eyes for a second as she remembers all the stories she has been told.

"Well there's the Two Brothers; The Shallow Sea; The Girl in the Tower; the Amazonian's of Themyscira—"

Qrow's eyes widen when he heard that and before he could ask Pyrrha how she could possibly know about Themyscira, Ozpin beats him to the punch.

"What about the Story of the Seasons?"

Pyrrha smiles, "Oh, of course! A callous old man who refuses to leave his home is visited by four traveling sisters. The first, understands his reclusive nature and urges him to use his time to in solitude to reflect and meditate. The Second, brings him fruits and flowers, tending to his crops and revitalizing his garden."

"The Third, warms the man's heart, convincing him to step outside and embrace the world around him. the Fourth and final sister begs him to look at all that he has and be thankful. In returned for their kindness, the man grants the maidens incredible powers, so they may continue to help others all over the world."

"They graciously accept, and the promise to share their gifts with the people of Remnant until the end of days. Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall. The Four Maidens. My mother loves that story, next to the Amazonians."