Chapter 42: Ruby Wakes Up

2 weeks.

It has been 2 weeks since the Battle of Beacon happened, and Ruby still hasn't woken up.

To say that everyone was worried was an understatement especially since they have been dragging their stay here out since Pyrrha wanted to be there when Ruby woke up.

But because of how long it's been, there's a chance that she will be forced to move to a safer location since the longer they stay here, the more likely Ironwood will get impatient and start to think that he has the authority to overstep Rapunzel and take Pyrrha to a safehouse of his choosing.

Damian sighed as he looks down at his beloved sadly and then grits his teeth in anger. "Goddammit." He hissed as he bows his head and pinches the bridge of his nose.

But he was so busy with wallowing in his own emotions that he didn't take notice of Ruby starting to move and open her eyes.

The young huntress looks around the room calmly before looking at him, which was enough to shock her awake. "Dami?" she said hardly believing it as she sat up.

Damian jolted in his seat and looked up at Ruby in shock, but he soon got over it and rushes towards her, sits on the edge of her bed, and hugged her. "Oh, Beloved you're ok!"

He then pulls away from her and looks at her with a worried expression. "You are ok, right?" he questioned and looks her over to make sure.

Ruby smiled, "I'm fine Damian." She then frowns as she reaches out and places her hand on where he was shot with the arrow, "But are you ok? I...I saw you get shot...I-I thought Cinder had killed you." She stated with sorrow.

"I did. But by a stroke of luck the arrow had missed it's mark completely." He answered and places his hand on hers.

Tears started to well up in Ruby's eyes as she hugs the Boy wonder again and buries her face into his neck. "Thank god. I was so worried."

Damian smiled as he hugs her back and threads his fingers through her hair. "Shhh beloved. Everything is ok, I am right here, and I will always be here by your side. I promise."

"Besides, it will take more than that to get rid of me."

The Huntress smiles happily and giggles.

Lifting her head, she lightly pulls away and places her hand on his cheek. "You better keep that promise. I don't know how I could go on without you in my life, my beloved prince." She proclaimed lovingly before she kisses him.

Which the Boy Wonder obviously returned and wrapped his arms around her tightly.

And as much as this scene was heartwarming that happiness was interrupted by someone clearing their throat.

Breaking away from each other, both Damian and Ruby looked at the door to see that it was Qrow.

Who was glaring at Damian. "You have 2 seconds to get away from her before I break your kneecaps." He threatened.

Damian just smirked at Qrow as he continues to sit down on Ruby's bed and hugs the huntress to the point their cheeks were touching.

"What? can't a guy kiss his beloved fiancé?" He questioned teasingly.

Ruby just chuckled at her boyfriend's antics.

While Qrow was just glaring even harder than before he sighed in defeat.

"Anyway. How are you doing kiddo?" he questioned.

Finally letting go of Ruby, Damian goes back to sitting in his chair.