Chapter 38: Battle of Beacon

And when they got there, they immediately found some seats and sat down.

"This is going to be awesome." Ruby said happily.

"Agreed." Damian replied.

And with that Ruby spends the time looking around the stadium but then her stupefied eyes widen as she takes in what she is seeing in front of her.

And the thing she was looking right now was Emerald who was sitting on the other side of the stadium.

"Emerald's here?" she muttered in shock.

"What?" Damian said confused.

"I see Emerald. She's sitting right across from us." she said and pointed at her.

Damian narrowed his eyes and saw that his beloved is right. "What is she doing here?" he questioned.

"I don't know...I have a bad feeling about this. Come on." Ruby said as she gets up.

And with that the couple quickly walks towards the exit tunnel and then stopped at a door labeled with a yellow maintenance sign and after making sure that no one was around they went inside.

"Why are we in here?" Damian questioned.

"This is the fastest way to get around the Colosseum. I want to know why Emerald's still here." Ruby proclaimed.

Nodding his head in understanding the couple walked through the halls with determination and as they walked through the halls, they could hear Dr. Oobleck and Professor Port announce the next fight.

Which was Penny against Pyrrha. "Great, let's hurry up Dami. I don't want to miss Pyrrha and Penny's fight." Ruby said and picked up the pace.

"Right." Damian said following her.

But just as they were nearing the end, they heard banging.

Looking at the door that it was coming from Ruby and Damian walked over to the door and were both bewildered and shocked to see that both the frame and doorknob were melted shut.

"I got this." Damian said as he summons his shadow and said Shadow immediately struck the door with enough force to make it bend inwards, breaking it off the hinges and was then grabbed and thrown away.

"Really?" Ruby said in disbelief and gestures to the now destroyed door.

"Father can foot the bill." Damian proclaimed like it was nothing.

"You better hope that we don't get caught or Bruce footing the bill will be the least of your worries." She hissed.

"I think getting in trouble for property damage is the least of your worries too." A strained voice from inside the room said.

And when the couple looked to see who it was, they were shocked to see that it was Mercury who was severely beat up.

His clothes were not only torn but he had burn marks and was even bleeding on his shoulder, not to mention had a cut on his cheek.

And his legs were damaged, but they looked like they could be salvaged.

"Mercury?! What happened? Wait why are you even here you were supposed to be on a flight back to Haven."

Mercury chuckled as he uses what strength he could muster into his arms and crawled across the floor so he could finally get out of the room and then lean against the door frame.

"My head injury wasn't that bad, and Cinder and Emerald happened. I found out their little secret earlier today and when I tried to make my escape, they tried to silence me for good." He grunted.