J's Reviews

Hi, I'm J. I have been writing for well over ten years and write novels for young adults (13-18). I will happily write a review of the first 3-4 chapters of your work in a constructive criticism style. I will not sugarcoat my feedback but I will suggest ways to help you improve. I also run a book club on ShutUpandReadBC and a writing community ShutUpAndWriteClub .

I will happily read any genre, but there is certain content I will not read. If your book contains any of the following then I will not read it and depending on the content, I may even report it to Wattpad.

What to expect...
I am an honest, and fair reviewer, but there is a moderately high chance I might shred your book. If you would like me to give your book a read, it would be nice if you were to read one or two of my other reviews so you know what to expect. I will aim to read the first three chapters, but if your book is difficult to read, for whichever reason, then I might just read the first one. You never know, if I really like your book, I might even give you a reviewed by J sticker for it. I will give you advice on how you can improve your work, it may be that I recommend a writing group for you, or a book club that I think will experience you with gaining and receiving feedback on your work.

Depending on how many reviews I have to do, should be able to do your review in an hour or so. However, if you are rude to me, or keep pestering me (DM/message board comments) then I won't publish it. If I publish it and you are rude about my critique I will delete it and block you.

Update: if I am unable to review your work personally, I will pass your work onto the wonderful and talented members of ShutUpAndWriteClub who will review your work.

No-No List
•No sex scenes within the first 4 chapters
No bestiality
•No Paedophilia
•No Necrophilia
•No Rape
•No incest (it's illegal and against Wattpad rules)
•No Gore (sorry I can't stand it)

------------------
Form

Book Title

Genre
I'm open to all genres, even LGBT.

Is it Mature [Y/N]
Remember, I don't read sex scenes or anything listed above

What 3 things would you like me to focus on?
I can't guarantee I will go on these, but it would be nice if you would give me a little direction to go in.

If you would like to join a writing group on Discord please let me know here x