Chapter 12

Loki ran out of the hydra wing of your mind palace with you in his arms. Once he had killed the winter soldier, the room had begun to collapse around the both of you. Seeing a large wooden door ahead labeled "home", he rushed towards it and shut the door behind him just as the hydra wing vanished into nothingness. 

"I think I'm in a room now, although I can't see much because the lights are all out" Loki called out. He had been in your mind palace so long he wasn't even sure if the others could still hear him.

"Here mind if I help?" Loki turned abruptly towards the voice and almost laughed out loud as a very small 16 yearold Steve Roger's walked up to him, holding a lantern to illuminate the room. His eyes landed on the unconcious Lily Haywood in Lokis arms and he turned to the asguardian with a scowl.

Was this small boy really about to attack a god?

Probably.

Loki mused to himself, remembering the stories he had heard of the pre serum captain.

"She was held prisoner and I need you to help me wake her up, Captain Rogers" Loki calmly stated, placing Lily gently on the couch nearby.

Kita gasped slightly as the sound of Lokis voice rang out in the hospital room, bringing him abruptly out of his trance. He opened his eyes and was met with the hopeful eyes of his friends. He quickly explained what had happened and how although the Hydra branch was destroyed, you still remained fast asleep in the dark room.

"Seems to me like the lights represent where her mind is, at that moment" Bruce thought outloud "therefore the logical thing would be to try and turn the lights on in that room."

"What if we just woke her up?" Nat spoke up, the others nodded and turned to Bruce.

"You just destroyed the part of her mind she was last active in, and if she wakes up before you get the lights on, who knows what could happen to her"

Loki furrowed his brow "I'll see what I can do" he muttered, placing his hands on Lily's temples again.

"I seem to be in a living room of some sort. The furnishings are quite antiquated although they appear to be in brand new condition.... theres a record player in the corner with an album leaning against it... 'It's Been A Long Long Time'" Loki read the title aloud, making Steve's eyes flash wide open.

"You need to play the record"

"I'm sorry Captain Rogers, it doesn't seem to be working"

"Well try harder" Tony snapped, causing everyone to jump.

"Wait, I have an idea"

- Lily's POV-

"Kiss me once, then kiss me twice
Then kiss me once again

It's been a long, long time

Haven't felt like this, my dear
Since I can't remember when

It's been a long, long time"

You looked into Steve's smiling eyes as you both  swayed contentedly to the music resonating throughout the highscool gymnasium. Bucky floated by you on the dance floor with his giggely  prom date in his arms. You laugh to yourself, all he had to do was flash that smile of his and the most popular girl in school was his for the evening. You honestly didn't care though, you would rather take a Steve over a million Buckys any day. Sure, the three of you were practically inseparable since day one, but you had always had a soft spot for the sweet blond that you couldnt quite describe.

"God I've missed this so much" you sigh, resting your head on his shoulder.

"Me too, sweetheart... me too" Steve pulled you closer, placing a warm kiss in your hair "but you've got to wake up Lily"

You looked at him in confusion as the room around you began to get brighter and brighter as your prom date began to fade.

"Steve no!!" You screamed and clung to him, not sure what was happening, "No Steve... steve I love you come back please!!"

Your friend simply smiled and the room began to change. You were standing on a large record, the music notes swirling around above you like shooting stars. The music crackeled from the record beneath your feet:

"You'll never know how many dreams
I've dreamed about you

Or just how empty they
all seemed without you

So kiss me once, then kiss me twice
Then kiss me once again

It's been a long, long time"

"Lily, wake up!!"

"She's moving a bit I think it's working!"

The voices soon drowned out the glowing music as the music notes slowed down and stuck to the ceiling in small circles. You looked bleary eyed around the room at the swarm of faceless forms that loomed above you, one face coming into focus slowly.

"Steve"

-----

Actual photograph of me writting this chapter - gryff 💕

- gryff 💕