FOUR

ROWAN POV

After discovering the ancient Lockwood caves, Ric and I went back for some stuff to take photos, we picked Elena up on the way. Ric is leading the way, I'm behind him, and Elena is behind me. "So the Lockwoods have no idea these tunnels are underneath their property?" Elena questions, I laugh and reply "Yeah. Careful where you shine that thing. Bats hate the light" Elena came to a stop which made me bump into her.

"Wait what?" she says in fear, I feel a presence behind me "Rowan" it whispers, I turn around in frantic ready to attack, but it's just Damon, asshole. "God Damon" I explain, he smirks at Elena and I, "Scaredy-cat" he says. I roll my eyes and walk to Ric, "Just ignore him. That's what I do. And it's what Rowan should do instead of playing sidekick" he says glaring at Damon, I put my hands up in defence.

"Hey sorry he has no friends and took interest in me when I came here" I explain, Elena turns away from Damon "You mean like Klaus?" she says. I turn red and turn away and walk into the cave where Damon can't get into. "So you really can't get in?" Elena asks, Damon shakes his head, "No, it seems even the ancient Lockwoods were anti-vampire" he says.

Elena looks confused, "What do you mean ancient?" she says, "Come see for yourself" I tell her. We continue walking but Damom stops because he can't get passed, Elena, Ric, and I though, no trouble. I poke my tongue out at Damon and he smirks at me and says "Careful Little T, I can rip your tongue out before you can blink" I roll my eyes, why must he go to violence, even towards his friends.

"What is all this" Elena asks looking at the cave drawings, I look at her "As far as we can tell, it's a story." I tell her, "In simple archeological terms, it's a really, really old story" Ric finishes. Elena looks in shock, I point to the moons "Look that's the moon cycle" then I point to a werewolf, "A man. A wolf" "A werewolf" Elena says, "Yeah. It's in the Lockwood diaries. Pictionary-style" Damon says from over where he is.

"I don't understand. I thought the Lockwoods came here with the original founders in the 1860s" Elena says clearly confused. I think I'm the only one who's thinking this, but what if this is the story of the original family, just think about it. "Maybe the Lockwoods did. But according to this wall these werewolves have been here alot longer than that" I explain, hopefully they'll catch on. "How long" Elena says, still not getting it, "Long" Damon says, I look at him "No duh"

"It gets better though guys" I say, walking over to names written on the wall, "Names. And they're not native, they're written in runic. A viking script" Ric looks confused "How did I miss this?" he says at the same time Elena says "Vikings?" I point to one of the names "This name, when translated, reads Niklaus, which also know as our friend-" I start, "Klaus" Elena finishes. I think they've all caught on now.

I point to the next names, "And Elijah. And Rebekah" I look at Elena who's mouth is hanging, while I'm smiling, happy that I solved something. "These are the names of the original family?" Elena says still in shock, I nod "Carved into a cave that's been here way before the founding of Mystic Falls. Or even the entire New World, for that matter" I say looking around at everyone.

Elena shakes her head, "Okay, this has gotta be one of Klaus' fakes" she says still not believing it. "That's what I thought" I say, "Well, that could be true, we don't know" Damon says, still not so sure as well, "Except the last name up here made me think otherwise" I say shining my light up on the wall where the final name is, "What's the name" Elena says, I look at her and Ric, "Mikael. Yes that Mikael who's the vampire hunter that knows how to kill Klaus" Damon looks like he believes it now "I now would like to call him Papa Original"

I stay down here with Ric and we take photos of every square inch of the story so we can figure it out. I have a feeling it's the story of the original family, and how the got here to what is now Mystic Falls over a thousand years ago.