TEN

ROWAN POV

I went to Elena's house the next morning and explained to her and the Salvatore's who was in the coffin. "What? How is she even alive? Thought her freak of a son ripped her heart out 1000 years ago" Damon says, "I guess she has connections in the witches. You know from being dead for a 1000 years" I say to everyone. Elena nods, "Elijah said she wants to live in peace with her family. Including Klaus" she says, me nodding in agreement since they know I was there to witness this happening.

"She was supposed to be the weapon that helps us kill him" Stefan says, "Not anymore" Elena says, "Just leave it alone guys. We can't kill Klaus" I say. "That coffins was stopping Klaus from tearing us to shreds" Stefan says walking around, "Anyone else feeling a little used right mow?" Damon asks, "Um Yeah! He threatened his siblings before they do anything that he'd turn me into a vampire and lock me up" I say, still the thought of living forever lingering in my mind.

"Look Elijah promised me that his family wouldn't hurt any of us. Plus Klaus likes Rowan, Rebekah is her friend, and from what Elijah said, even Kol seems to like her" Elena says looking at me. "Hey sorry for being nice to our enemy" I say raising m hands in defence. The doorbell goes and we look at each other confused, "Expecting anyone?" I ask, Elena shakes her head and goes to see who's at the door.

She comes back with two letters in her hand, she passes one to me, it says my name on it. "What is it?" Damon asks us, I shrug my shoulders and we both open them. "It's an invitation" Elena says, "Please join the Mikaelson family this evening at 7:00 for dancing, cocktails, and celebration" I say looking at the invitation.

"Who the hell are the Mikaelsons?" Stefan asks confused. I stand there shocked, "The Original Family" I say, I turn my invitation around and it says "Save me a dance- Klaus" I don't show the others though, I decide to keep it for myself.

"It's not bad enough they're moving in, now they want a housewarming gift?" Damon says with sarcasm, "Let's get them a potted plant. That house could do with some life" I laugh. Elena turns her's over, "Wait, there's a note on the back" she says, "Elena, I think it's time we finally meet. Esther" she reads out the note.

"What does Mama Original want" I ask shaking my head. "No idea" she replies. "Little T, Does yours say anything on the back?" Damon asks with concern. I shake my head, "No" I lie.

....

KLAUS POV

I've just been informed that my dear sister went after Elena, maybe it was mistake letting her stay alive, should've stuck that dagger back in her heart when I had the chance. I storm into the room and see my siblings getting ready for the ball tonight. "You went after Elena?" I say to Rebekah.

"What is wrong with you" I say getting closer to her, "Here we go" she says smiling, "Do you want another dagger in your heart?" I ask her threateningly, "Again with the dagger threatens? Don't you have any other tricks?" Kol asks butting in. "Go back to staring at yourself" I say turning to him.

"And who are you, my father? Oh wait no! He's dead. You killed him" Kol says like he owns the place, "No, Kol. But you are in my house" I say to him getting mad. "Then perhaps we should go outside" Kol says standing up so he's more threatening. We glare at each other until our mother walks in.

"Niklaus. Come" she says to me, I glare at Kol as I follow her into the other room. "Rebekah wasn't even out her box a day before she tried to ruin my life. What happened to peace? Acceptance? Family" I go on to her. My mother turns around suddenly, "You put daggers in their hearts. You want them to go on their knees and kiss your feet for reuniting them?" she says to me, like I was the bad guy.

"It's a crime to want us to be as we were?" I say to her, "You need to give it time, Niklaus" she says, using my full name. "I've had a thousand years on the other side to be angry and to heal. I'm here to make sure this family does the same" she says. I shake my head.