TWELVE

ROWAN POV

With Elijah, and Kol, and thankfully Esther and Finn gone, it's only Rebekah and Klaus left in the town, but I know that's not good enough for my friends, they'll try kill them all, and what sucks is that the two Originals left in the town are the two my friends hate most, Klaus, just cause it's Klaus, and Rebekah because she's tried to kill Elena multiple times.

Not that any of them seem to care, but me myself have almost died like twice, once by Mikael, and the other night, Esther could've killed me, I don't trust that she was gonna take my memories away, I feel like she was gonna kill me. But no, everyone would drop dead to save Elena, I mean Damon turned Abby, Bonnie's mum into a vampire so Rebekah wouldn't kill Elena.

All in that time, I was about to get my memory erased by some thousand year old witch, and the only person who came to my rescue and who seemed to care was Klaus. All the things Klaus has done to me makes me wanna like him, trust him, be his friend, and I am , and I do, I don't care what my friends say, Klaus has given me no reason personally on why to not trust him.

I mean sure he killed Elena's aunt, and Elena herself, but she came back, that's a good thing, and sure he had a hold on Stefan's life, but all that was before I even knew Klaus, before I even moved to Mystic Falls. The summer Klaus and Stefan were werewolf hunting was the summer I moved here, I had no clue that the supernatural existed, until Senior Prank Night, which Caroline forced me to go to.

But if I didn't go, I probably wouldn't of seen Klaus or Rebekah, or learnt about the supernatural. I probably would've seen them around town, and I would've got told eventually about the supernatural, but to think, if I didn't go to the school that night, everything could've been so much different.

I've finally been caught up to date with everything, and apparently Ric is suspected as the killer in Mystic Falls, and there was something like this back in 1912, and it has something to do with the Gilbert ring that he got. And today I'm hanging with Ric, Damon, and Meredith since I have nothing better to do, we went to look at the Wickery Bridge to see the progress of it being rebuilt, and Rebekah was there talking to the mayor.

"Rebekah's up to something" Damon says, and I scoff, "Trust you to say that" I say, Damon puts his hands up in surrender, "She's been snooping in places she shouldn't be" he replies in a snarky tone. "Tell me again, why are we here?" Ric asks, "So you don't get all murdery and murder more council members" I say, Ric looked at me then at Damon.

"And who invited her" he says, "Better her be here than be with Klaus or Rebekah" Damon responds, "They're my friends" I defend myself. Carol notices we're here and walks over to us, "Alaric, I'm glad you're here. Did you bring the sign?" she asks Ric, who looks like he has no clue what she's on about, "The restored Wickery Bridge sign. The history department promised you would have it today" she says looking at Ric.

"No, I don't have the sign, actually. It slipped my mind. I've been busy" Ric stumbles on his words, Carol nods, and tries to form her words l, "Well, it's not an emergency. We'll just unveil it when the bridge is complete" she says nodding and walking away from us.

"Too busy killing council members" I say, Ric looks at me, "Klaus and Rebekah are rubbing off on you" he says, "Yeah, cause we blame them for everything" I say rolling my eyes. Ric looks around at everyone, "Get me out of here" he whispers, "My pleasure" Meredith says, "I'm gonna stick around for a bit" Damon says eyeing a red haired girl looking our way.

"Who is that?" I ask, "A blast from the past. Rowan go with Meredith and Ric, you don't wanna be around" Damon says, "Yeah, I don't wanna watch you hopelessly seduce women" I laugh, Ric and Meredith chuckle and we and leave Damon to deal with this 'blast from the past"