I

"You have not changed at all" she snickered.

"Neither have you kid"

--(MYA POV)-

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ bathed in grease

‧͙⁺˚* bathed in grease... ⁺‧͙

A crackling light flickered in bursts as I bent to look down the side of the jet. Sparks shot into the air, signalling the issue. A box lay carelessly on my way.

Does this guy ever clean up?

"You gotta be kidding me" I shoved the lurking box to the side, revealing the extent of our problems.

"Fuse has gone bust" I seethed as one of the sparks pricked the surface of my skin, daintily treading in hot steps. I pulled back my hand and shook it off, leaning up when I didn't get a response.

I smacked the bottom of his leg as it was in reach, his eyes shot down to me and a confused frown knitted on his brow.

"What?"

"I said the fuse on your engine is bust" I repeated, voice threatening to tip over with my impatience.

"Again? Ugh" he dropped down to my level, deep-set eyes scanning the broken panel. He traced his finger just above the shattered marks. He used the same hand to feel up his wire hair.

"How long will it take?" He spoke, staring at the jet up and down in frustration.

"Week minimum" I stood back up beside him, analysing the panel as I went. How in the galaxy is he always the one getting shot at.

"You're the best" he nudged my side childishly. He lunged forward to pick up the discarded box and move it to a safer place so it wouldn't be in my way.

"I know Laur"

"Cocky much?" His eyebrow rose up like his voice. I chuckled to myself- he knew what I was like, confident with my own abilities.

He spun round and started to head out the exit.

"It's in my blood" I shrugged, taking elongated strides to keep up with him. I felt like jogging to stay at his side.

"That's for sure" he mumbled, silently leading us to the cafeteria, which as usual was full to the brim with hungry people.

We slipped through the open doors, side by side, pushing into queue. My eyes freely ran across the room, I caught sight of my dad huddled in the corner with his 'fanbase' that always followed him around. Like second nature, I rolled my eyes at him. Don't get me wrong- he's my dad, I love him more than life- he just didn't seem to put as much effort into this than I did. As if he were reading my mind, Laurence spoke.

"How's your dad?" Laurence called over his shoulder, thanking the lady ahead for his tray of tasteless food. He stepped forward in the queue, not looking back, knowing I'd be giving him a death stare.