XI

A smile gently curved on her lips.

"Welcome to the team"

--------

͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 3 paces fire ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

͙˚* 3 paces fire ⁺‧͙

Her fingers curled like tight coils around the metal grip. Fingers hovering over the trigger and pointing at her target.

Sweat slowly starting to rise to the surface of her skin and on her brow, which was furrowed with concentration.

The room was silent.

Her heavy breathing was the only noise in her ear. She heaved and sighed as her eyes flickered from the target to her surroundings.

She moved carefully to the side, eyeing up the marker. Side steps, crossings her legs over each other as her finger slowly pressed down on the trigger.

It sent a shot.

Right through the centre. Hitting directly where she needed, an erupt applause surrounding her filled up her ears and fuelled her confidence to the brim.

She spun round to face me instantly and our beaming smiles met, no reminiscence of any anger or stress. Just joy.

She practically skipped towards me, hugging me but careful not to accidentally set off the trigger.

"That was- amazing" I stammered out, fused with giggling my voice cracked. Her skill was undeniable and her accuracy was unmatched. She excelled in our training session and only had eyes on me when she hit her targets.

"That was luck" Anj chuckled down at me, cheeks blushing a deep pink at the praise.

"Aww yeah it was" sarcasm lining my words, eliciting a hushed laugh from both of us.

"Very funny" Anj rolled her eyes as I toyed playfully with her. A low hum of conversation and admiration of her skills still in the air.

"Good shot Anj" Kam teased from behind me and bumped herself into the conversation freely, wrapping her arms around Anj. They were close- it was obvious to anyone but not in that sort of way.

"Thanks snowflake" Anj nudged Kam in the shoulder, making her shuffle backwards. In return, she playfully whacked her on the arm and blushed red with the nickname.