Chapter 46: Sokovia Accords

I stayed quiet as the others talked about the Accords.

"Secretary Ross has a Congressional Metal of Honour. That's one more than what you have." I listened to Rhodey talk to Sam.

We are in another part of the glass room. We are sitting in a bunch of comfy chairs and a table in the middle with a chess board on it.

I was sitting on the kitchen counter.

"So let's say we agree to this thing. How long is it gonna be before they LoJack us like a bunch of common criminals?" Sam shook his head. Rhodey furrowed his eyebrows at Sam, not knowing why he's so against it.

"117 countries want to sign this. 117, Sam, and you're just like, 'No, it's good. We got it."

"How long are you gonna play both sides?" Sam crossed his arms.

"I have an equation." Vision announced. I sighed in relief, not wanting to hear these two argue anymore.

"Oh, this will clear it up." Sam nodded at Rhodey and mentioned to Vision. We all looked at Vision.

"In the eight years since Mr.Stark announced himself as Iron Man, the number of known enhanced persons has grown exponentially. during the same period, the number of potentially world-ending events has risen at a commensurate rate." Vision looked at us all.

"Are you saying it's our fault?" Steve asked as he held his page in the Accords.

"I'm staying that there may be a causality. Our very strength invites challenge. Challenge incites conflict. And conflict... breeds catastrophe. Oversight... Oversight is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand." I ran my hands over my face, avoiding my glasses.

"Boom." I heard Rhodey say.

"Tony." I heard Natasha call out. I looked over to the two. "You are being uncharacteristically non-hyperverbal."

"It's because he's already made up his mind." Steve replied for Dad. I furrowed my eyebrows. What?

"Boy, you know me so well." Dad sit up, his face filled with slight pain as he held his head. "Actually, I'm nursing a electromagnetic headache. That's what's going on, Cap."

Dad walked to the kitchen.

"It's pain. It's discomfort. Who's putting coffee grounds in the disposal?" I smirked at Pietro, knowing it was him. He looked at me with a smirk and held his finger to his lip. "Am I running a bed and breakfast for a biker gang?"

Dad put screen down and tapped it. A picture of a Black man popped up. His smile big as he looked at something behind the he camera. I smiled softly at the picture, but confused why Dad has it.

"Oh! That's Charles Spencer, by the way." Dad started making his coffee. "He's a great kid. Computer engineering degree, 3.6 GPA, has a floor-level gig at Intel planned for the fall.

But first, he wanted a few miles on his soul, before he parked it behind a desk. See the world. Maybe be of service. Charlie didn't want to go to Vegas or Fort Lauderdale, something I would do. He didn't go to Paris or Amsterdam, which sounds fun. He decided to spend his summer beholding sustainable housing for the poor. Guess where, Sokovia." Dad let out harshly. I clenched my jaw as I looked down.