Chapter 51: Winter Soldier

I sat up straight when the room went pitch black for a moment, then lights on my glass holding cell turned on.

I looked at the camera. The small red light inside it has shut off.

What's going on?

I didn't even try to use my heat to get the collar off. They put a heat sensor and a cooling system into it. I can't let my body reach a specific temperature or else it will freeze up, which will fuck up my neck.

I grunted as I tried my magic again. I picked at the collar.

"I managed to corrupt their signal with their remote and the collar. They can't use it anymore." A.N.I.Y.A.H.'s voice said to me as she made my glasses appear. I sighed in relief.

"What a bad A.I.... I adore you N.I.A." I smiled.

I could hear commotion just outside the door. It sounded like fighting. I could hear punches and grunts. People yelling, only to be cut off by loud thuds.

I panicked.

"All systems seem to be out. If you can use you magic to pick at the cuffs, you may be able to get out. But you must hurry before back up generators turn on." A.N.I.Y.A.H. told me.

I scanned the cuff with my glasses. I could see the inner workings of it.

I tried to pinpoint the locks and I did. I used my magic to break the inner locks.

I smiled triumphantly as it opened. I did the same with the other cuff and my ankles.

I stood up and quickly scanned the door, doing the same thing. It took a few moments longer than the cuffs though. I kicked the door down, watching it crash to the ground.

"This is bad. I'm going to get in a lot of trouble." I smiled as I stared at the broken door.

"I'm sure we can just go on the run again." I smirked at the wall.

"Well, well, Miss A.N.I.Y.A.H.. Are you finally showing your true colours?" I have no idea how Dad gives his A.I.s so much personality.

The door opened and men with guns stormed in. The same guys as the apartment.

I used a shield to block the bullets and ran up to them.

I grabbed ones gun and pointed it to another guy. The man fell down at the impact. I ripped the gun from his hand and threw it at another man.

I punched the guy closest to me and kicked his feet making him fall.

I used my magic to push the others against the wall. I used my other hand to grab all their guns and bend them, making them unusable.

I walked out of the room, ignoring the groaning men. I closed the door behind me. I made sure to lock it.

I raised an eyebrow at the fallen men covering the floor. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

I ignored the PA announcement and alarms as I ran down the hallway. I made myself invisible as I ran to the stairs.

I went a a random floor and opened the door. I past people who were trying to get out of the building. I noticed I was on the main floor.

I frowned at the sight of Natasha and Dad. Chairs and tables broken and had fallen over. I noticed Sharon and T'Challa, but the Prince ran off, probably to find Bucky.

I ran to Dad and Natasha, looking over their bodies to see any injuries. I smiled in relief when I noticed none.

Some more German came from the PA system. Natasha's eyes widened and helped Dad up.