Chapter 60: A.I.

I smiled at the sight of my chair still in Dad's workshop. The same spot. Right here I left it.

I walked past Dad's suits and towards the chair.

"Hey Dum-E!" I waved at the robot.

He whirred a happy greeting.

"I missed ya! I hope Dad hasn't been too mean to you." I chuckled as the robot moved up and down.

I sat on the chair and spun in a circle. I stopped myself and looked at my little desk.

I smiled at the drawings I didn't finish. It was of me, Dad, and Pepper. I managed to finish Pepper and Dad, but I was half way done.

I frowned at the picture.

It's like I was fading away from them. I don't want that.

I grabbed one of my pencils and started working on it.  I don't know where the picture I was drawing, but I can just go by memory.

~

I nodded in satisfaction as I held the drawing out for me to look at. My arms stretched out in front of me as I grinned at the picture.

I added Rhodey and Happy to it last minute.

I'm proud of how it came out. It's the most realistic drawing I've ever done.

"God! You're lucky I didn't shoot you!" I grinned at the voice.

I turned to face Dad, who had his arm in the arm of his suit. He cleared his throat as he took it off and it flew back to his suit.

He had a small smile on his face. I tilted my head.

"I was wondering where you were. You're not usually gone this long." I looked at the clock. It was currently 11:21 p.m.. "Usually you're here tinkering with you're suits. And I honestly can't wait until you get nanotechnology. It's gonna look cool as shit."

"Yeah, when I get it down, I'll make you and Peter a new suit." I smiled to myself at his inclusion of Peter.

I glanced at my blue armour suit next to Dad's many others. I haven't used it in such a long time. I miss it.

"And I was with Pepper." I smirked at the tone in his voice. Ooh! "And no! Don't think like that! We just talked!"

"I heard make-up sex works wonders—."

"Where did you hear that?" Dad glared at me. His hands on his hips giving me his angry dad face. I smiled innocently and shrugged.

"Pepper." I lied.

Dad looked taken-back. I just raised my shoulder and tilted my head, smiling.

He quirked his eyebrow and picked up his stool.

"...I should give that a try." I chuckled at his words. I was joking, but I didn't say anything.

Dad dropped his stool across my desk and plopped down on it. He rested his elbows on the table and stared at me.

I did the same, but I held the picture up to him, showing it to him. I peeked around the paper for his reaction. I have him a toothy smile as I watched him.

He let out a small laugh. He smiled warmly at the picture. He took it from me and studied it closely.

"I totally forgot I started it. I thought I would finish it for you." I told him.

"It's amazing..." Dad whispered and turned the paper, finding my little note. I watched his smile brighten at it.

"How's Mom?" I asked him. He moved the paper and looked at me.