Ten

Violetta's POV:

***

"Billie" I ask for the second time, now feeling a little bit worried.

"Billie" I raise my voice slightly, trying to pull her out of the obvious trance like state she is in.

"Huh, Yeah?" She looks at me with puzzled expression.

"Would you mind if I was able to have a word with my client please?" I direct to the other two gentleman in the room.

"Yes, of course Dr. Reyes" they reply and stand up from their chairs, walking out of the room.

Doctor, usually people forget to use that term, but I've seen it is professionally correct in the contract, so that would be where it's coming from, and I am proud of my title. It took a lot of hard work to get here.

We are all now sitting around a large polished wood table, with plush black leather chairs.

I have sat in front of the contract and since we sat down about fifteen minutes ago, Billie's management have been going through each page with me, asking if I have questions or any amendments. So far, everything looks to be okay and in good faith to both Billie and I.

However, Billie hasn't said a word and to be honest she is completely dazed out like she has smoked a whole joint before this meeting.

My professional instincts have taken over and I know something isn't right, although it doesn't take a degree in my craft to figure out something is wrong.

If management want us to be strictly business only than that's what I will do, for Billie's sake, but I am not going to sit here and act like she is okay. Especially when all I want to do is lean over and kiss her or give her a hug and make sure my baby is okay.

I give a small smile to the two guys leaving the room and walk them to the door.

"It shouldn't be long" I tell them as they nod and I close the door.

Luckily this room doesn't have glass windows, or any windows facing the rest of the offices, only a large panel of glass looking over the city.

I turn around and see Billie has secluded back into her dazed state.

I walk over to the table and sit back in my chair, pulling it as close to her as I can. I spin her around so she is now facing me as I put the palm of my hands on her thighs.

"Bil, you okay?" I ask as she bites her bottom lip, staring into my eyes.

"Baby, snap out of it" I squeeze her thighs gently.

She blinks rapidly for a moment and her ticks start playing up.

I run my hands up the outside of her thighs to her butt and pull her to the edge of the chair as I move to the edge of mine too.

I lean our foreheads together and watch as she lets out a large sigh and her ticks subside.

"Are you okay?" I ask again in a whisper this time.

She nods, our heads still connected.

"Wanna tell me what's happening in that pretty little head of yours?" I question, hoping to get a response.

"I'm sorry" she replies barely audible.

"You don't need to apologise beautiful" I say whilst running my fingers along her cheek.

"This all kinda happened fast and I was overthinking it, that's all" her eyes tracing my face.

"It's thought out well. There is nothing bad in here per se" I grab the papers from the table, keeping our bodies close but wanting to show Bil what I mean.