First day at Trident Studios

"SHIT! FUCK! Where the FUCK is it?!" I yelled, looking frantically for my work clothes. Great, first day at the new job and I can't find ANYTHING. Today is off to a great start. 

I looked in the mirror and to my relief, I was already wearing it. "Well isn't that just amazing" I sighed to myself and twirled around. The blue apron I had on, wasn't very flattering, but quite handy for cleaning. I felt incredibly dumb but rushed out the door, work was starting soon. The second I stepped outside, I felt rain pouring down on my cheeks. Just what I needed, more shit to fuck my day up

I really did look forward to my first day at work, but clearly the universe is punishing me, I'm really not surprised, I've had bad luck all my life. I rushed to the bus right outside my apartment and started to feel a bit nervous. What if my colleagues wont like me? What if I am not performing well enough and they fire me?!

Emma. Stop. 

I shook my head trying to get rid of the bad thoughts, but it was hard. I reached London's Soho district and quickly got out of the bus. I looked around and noticed the big blue doors with the sign 'Trident Studios'. Okay, this is it. 

I got buzzed in and slowly walked towards the reception.

"Hey uh- I mean hi!" I practically yelled and I could feel eyes from across the room gaze on me and immediatly felt dumb. I took a deep breath and told the woman behind the counters who I was. "Emma dear, welcome! Here's your badge, remember to keep it on you at all time" she then walked me through me schedule and showed me around. I looked around and took it all in. The place was huge! The walls were covered in brown wood, making it look dungeony and intense. Even the carpet was brown, which made me chuckle. Very creative I thought to myself.

"So Emma, here is the cleaning room -" the woman whose name was Shannon, quickly showed me where everything is and I kinda zoned out. I know I should be listening, but come on, how hard can it be? Cleaning isn't that hard, just dreadfully boring. 

"Thank you so much for showing me around" I said quietly and sent Shannon a smile. She returned it "no problem my love. Let me know if you have any questions alright? Oh and I gotta say this" she said and her face turned into a serious one. I took a deep breath and nodded. "A lot of famous bands, producers, managers etc are going to be here a lot. They're all working hard, so it would be best to not get too excited or disturb them, okay my dear?" She looked at me and I nodded, once again. "Yes, got it" I said and my stomach growled. If I wasn't nervous before, I sure am now.

"Alright then, I'll leave you too it. Good luck Emma, and once again welcome" Shannon petted my shoulder and I sent her smile. She really was nice. Quite older than me tho, I'd say around 35. I looked around and my eyes were glancing over the different utensils, the drawers were full and couldn't close because dish clothes were hanging out. It was quite a mess, a mess I now had to clean up.

I puffed and prepared the cleaning cart ready with the different things. Shannon showed me my new schedule and since it's Tuesday, I gotta clean the toilets. There is quite a few of them, so many that Shannon made me a map of the layout of the whole studio. Well this is just how I imagined my first day would be, cleaning the toilets

I put my hair up in a tight ponytail and put the disposable gloves on, the yellow kinda scared me. Why put on such a powerful colour, on bloody gloves. I pushed the cart out of the cleaning room and saw most people had left already. The clock was 11pm so that means I was more or less alone. Shannon had also left, which makes me a bit anxious, but I'll be fine. 

A few gentlemen walked past me and my eyes followed them, walking into one of the recording rooms. They looked important, so I assume they're either producers or managers. I had stopped and was watching them through the window on the door. The room was filled with a lot of buttons, lights, microphones and so many other things. My mouth dropped and my eyes met with one of the guys in there. I quickly looked away and hurried over to the nearest toilets.