The way he's looking at me is scary

My alarm goes off, I check the watch next to my bed. 11am, sigh. I don't wanna get up, I wanna stay in bed and forget about my entire existence. The thought of going back to work is scaring me, what if that guy who was so mean to, talked to Shannon or even worse.. What if he talked to my boss? I mean I didn't try to do anything but clean. How was I to know the toilet was being used, it was so late..

I've only been awake for 5 minutes and the thoughts are overwhelming me.. Great. I can't wait to get back to work and embarrass myself even more! Wonder what will happen today, will I get the kick? And more importantly.. What will Freddie think? Oh gosh, come on Emma, he has probably already forgotten about you..

I sighed, stretched my arms and dragged myself into the shower. If only I had that bathroom in the studios, I could LIVE in that bathtub. Freddies face kept popping up in my head, when he caught me off guard.. That voice of his.. No! I simply need to stop this, I'm only torturing myself. While I kept overthinking in the shower, I heard a distant ringing. I then realised that it was my telephone and I almost fell out of the shower, rushing to pick it up.

"Emma speaking" I said exhausted, trying to catch my breath. "Emma, this is Shannon. We need you to come earlier today, there's been a fight here and we need it fresh and clear for the next recording session. They'll be here in 4 hours, so come in when you can okay?" Shannon sounded stressful and I was lost for words. "Emma? Are you there?" she asked and my heart started racing. So this must mean that I'm not laid off? But what if I meet Freddie again or that mean man? What am I supposed to say to them, after that embarrassing.. incident? "Uh, y-yes, I will be there in 20 minutes" I said quickly and hung up. Shit.. Fuck!

I put on my black trousers and a simple white t-shirt. It could get quite hot cleaning so I need to not cover myself with jumpers or anything warmer. I put on some mascara, eyeliner and a bit of foundation. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed. My green eyes looked tired and my copper hair was a mess. I put it up in a bun and hurried out. I have to take the bus, or else I'll be late, luckily one just arrived the second I came out of the apartment.

"Oh love, it's so good to see you! I'm sorry for calling you in earlier, but our other cleaning staff just quit and the recording room.. It's a mess!" She waved her arms around and sighed. "It's not problem, I'm happy to help" I lied. I was petrified, there's people everywhere here today so I have to lay low. Shannon led the way to the recording room, since I still don't know what number belongs to what room. I quickly noticed it was that same room as last night..

"Alright pet, here it is. The guys will be in later, so when you're done with this room, feel free to start with the other tasks yeah?" Shannon nodded and I just sent her a smile. She left quickly and I went into the studio. I was in awe, the amount of buttons in here is.. simply insane. I went into the other room where I saw the amount of damage there was. I was shocked to see parts of the drums in each corner of the room. Then there was this awful smell. Cigrarettes and alcohol. I saw the spots on the walls where there had been spilled, I assume beer.

I had to clean everything and put the drums and everything else back in place.

****

3.5 hours later and a long break, I was almost done with the room. I only needed to throw out the trash. I looked around and sighed. There was a small couch by the wall where I sat down. I've barely been drinking water or consumed any food today, my body is exhausted. I took my apron off, it was too hot in here, I don't care if I mess up my t-shirt. I sat on the couch for 5 minutes when I heard the door open. Before I could get up, Freddie came waltzing in and didn't even lay eyes on me. He came over to the couch and sat on me.

It didn't take him long to realise that he had sat on something. He jumped up in shock and looked down on me. My cheeks started to burn and I wanted to throw myself under the couch and hide from everyone.