"Maybe we used each other"

Today was February the 27th and there were one day left till Queen went on their 'Queen II' tour. It had been a solid week since the incident with Roger, and Freddie has been ignoring me ever since. Didn't even spare me one look.

They were busy with preparations, but still. They all had their set of groupies with them, partying, smoking and all that jazz. They had basically used the studio for party room. They were on a roll, stoked about the new album and was celebrating like crazy.

Roger had tried to get it on with me few times, but quickly got the hint that I wasn't interested. We had become close friends in fact, he had some problems with few girls and I helped him out, while he had protected me from Sheffield.

I basically only had cleaning tasks now that the album was done, which was relieving, it was hard seeing Freddie act so cold towards me.

"Em, what do you think?" Bri asked me and showed me few lines of a new song he was working on. 

"So dear friends, your love is gone

Only tears to dwell upon

I dare not say as the wind must blow

So a love is lost, a love is won"

That was all that was written down on the paper and I felt tears stream down my cheeks "Brian, it's beautiful" I puffed and looked up, his eyes were sad. He forced a smile and thanked me. I was going to ask what it was about, but felt like he appreciated me not asking.

"You're so talented Bri, it's really touching" I added and hugged him. "Is it for the new album?"I asked and he nodded. "Yes, we are trying to get it released November, the other lads hasn't started writing yet, but this just came to me last night" he told me and I noticed how depressed he looked.

"Well, it's very good, I'm sure the lads will love it" I winked and he sent me a smile. "Thanks Em, I don't know what I'd do without you" he murmured. He got up and went over to the lads.

****

The lyrics had been stuck in my head all day, they were haunting, but beautiful. I wonder what it's about.

I was sitting on the couch by the cleaning room when I noticed Freddie walk past me. "Freddie" I yelled but he didn't stop. He ignored me and went into the mens lavatory. I gave him 20 seconds before I barged in and locked the door behind me.

Freddie looked up, shocked, as he was washing his hands. "What the fuck are you doing in here" he looked at me with big eyes and dried his hands.

I was standing by the door, with my back to it and Freddie came over and told me to move. I shook my head and tried to keep the eye contact, but it was hard. 

"Not until you talk to me" I said and he sighed while waving his arms around, he was clearly annoyed. And drunk. Of course.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?" he yelled at me and his eyes turned dark. I stopped breathing as his loud voice startled me.

"I have nothing to say to you. You used me, you wanted your 15 minutes of fame and you got it. I get it my darling, you're just a thirsty whore. Don't you have Roger now? Are you going to convience him how innocent you are, like you convienced me?" He yelled and started walking back and forth. He was so angry and it kinda scared me. I've never seen him this way.

"Freddie stop" I whispered and felt my heart sink. "Why should I? My dear, you're nothing. It never would've worked out, I'm a rockstar and could have any person in the world. What would I do with someone like you" his words were like daggers to my heart and I tried my hardest not to break down, in front of him. I was both heart broken but incredibly angry too.