✤ 06.My Heart Won't Lie ✤

The truth.❞ Dumbledore sighed.

It is a beautiful and terrible thing and should therefore be treated with great caution.

•◌•◌•◌•◌•◌•◌•◌•★•◌•◌•◌•◌•◌•◌•◌•

HARRY

I was so caught up with Sev that I didn't notice the pained look on Pansy's face at least not until she questioned me about the toddler in my arms.

"Mind telling me whose baby are you currently holding?" She asked with a very emotionless expression on her face but her eyes told a very different story as she struggled to keep her tears at bay.
"Pansy," I said feeling really nervous and scared. "Please let me explain."
"What's there to explain?" Pansy yelled. Pain shot up in my heart as I looked at her pleadingly to let me explain. I know I would be betraying Sev if I told her the truth but I couldn't let her leave as well. I don't want to lose either of them.

My racing thoughts came to an abrupt halt as a wet sensation spread on my arm. I looked over at Sev who was staring right back at me, his eyes showcasing fear and sadness. I knew this would be hard to explain. For someone looking in, this situation was very questionable. I wanted to explain that the child was mine but not in the way she was thinking. I could see it in her face that she felt betrayed no matter how good she was at hiding it from the world. I could follow her way of thinking.

"Pans," I all but pleaded. "I've been faithful to you."
"Have you," Pansy snorted. "I seriously doubt that. The baby in your arms doesn't help your case." Tears pooled my eyes as she looked at me with anger and hate, trying to cover up the sadness she was feeling but I was able to see right through her tough act. She was hurting, Sev was hurting, and all because of me.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Pansy's voice as she raised her arms above her head. "You know what, I can't deal with this." She turned to walk out of the chambers.

Not exactly knowing how to handle the situation, I followed her to the sitting room all the way asking for her to give me just a couple of minutes to explain. It was really breaking my heart to see the two treasured people of my life sobbing uncomfortably in front of me.

I gripped Pansy's arm, keeping her from moving anymore. Pansy sighed, staring up at the ceiling.
"Pansy, please," I begged, tears now flowing down both our faces. "Please."
"Okay," Pansy turned back around to face me but not before swiping her sleeve or rather my sleeve over her face. She loved to wear my clothes which were rather too big for her but she looked so cute that I could barely tell her no. "You have got five minutes."

PANSY

I couldn't believe he was cheating on me. I tried to control my sobs as they try to escape out of my tight grasp but that was of no use. I should have known better. I am a scum, a death-eater, no one will ever accept me for who I am now. They will always look at my past and look down upon me for the dark path I was forced to follow in order to survive the war. I wanted to let go of the anger and accept my fate but it was hurting too much and didn't he at least owe me an explanation I think I deserve that much.

As I was looking everywhere but Harry as something caught my eyes. I pulled my arm out of Harry's grip and walked over to the mantle. Why didn't I notice this before?

There was only one person that had this plaque. The Slytherin class of '98 gifted Professor Snape with a plaque for giving them a chance when no one else would. He taught them to hold their heads up high no matter what was said about them. And here it was sitting on the mantle. Seeing the plaque, I started to actually take in my surroundings. The books weren't of any interest to Harry. Harry was awful at chess. That's when it all clicked into place.