Chapter Eight

Virgil was lying in bed, thinking.

It got Elsa's phone number, it hasn't told her it's perfered pronouns, it wants to bite Patton, dad threw another chair at father-

Actually, that's normal.

But still. So much is happening ever since it went to this school. What if it just told dad and father to let it stay in it's original school?

Virgil let out a hiss. It wouldn't have any friends, that's one. Virgil admits it got close with the three, and would probably be hurt if they just ditch it.

"Virgil! Come down for dinner!" Janus yelled from the kitchen. Virgil stood up, stretching it's legs. It debated rather to wear a shirt, but then decided being shirtless is more comfortable and walked to the kitchen.

Janus was talking happily with Remus, Remus with a bandage on his face where the chair hit him.

Remus looked up, smiling at Virgil, "Ey emo kid, how was school?" he asked, a slimy tentacle poking it. Virgil hissed, pushing it away.

"Fine," It said as it sat down, "Met this girl today who was really touchy."

"Touchy?" Janus repeated "What do you mean by that?" Virgil sighed, picking up a fork to stabbed the cooked chicken, "She kept hugging me, even when I told her to stop. But it's all good, she's friends with Roman."

Remus bit his piece of chicken, a rather big bite. "Well, as long as you aren't too bothered, it's fine."

Virgil nodded, taking a small bite.

Remus felt something poke him, so he turned and saw it was his husband. Janus motioned to Virgil.

Remus blinked.

Janus rolled his eyes, and pointed at Remus' teeth and then his own neck. Remus did a silent 'oh' and looked back at Virgil.

"Virgil!" he screamed, causing both Virgil and Janus to let out a hiss. Remus laughed.

"What?" it glared at it's father. Remus smirked, "So, Janus told me you want to bite someone?~"

Virgil blushed a red, and nodded a small nod. Remus let out a cheer, "Hell yeah! You finally found someone!"

Virgil groaned, hiding its face in its arms. Janus let out a chuckle.

"Don't worry emo, I'll tell you how to swoon him." Remus said, feeling rather prideful.

Virgil opened its top eyes, it's face still hiding, "Right now?" it asked. Remus nodded, "Yep! Now let's see.." he trailed off, mumbling to himself.

Janus sighed, looking at Virgil, "You have to go by it by human love. Just get to know him, let him know you, and then boom! He's your mate."

Remus huffed, "I was gonna help.."

Virgil hummed, "Sounds easy enough." it picked at its food, but then snapped its head back up, all eyes opened, "They invited me to go to the park with them this weekend, can I go?"

"Will your soon-to-be mate be there?" Remus asked with a grin with his sharp teeth in clear view. Virgil glared, but nodded. Remus clapped his hands, "Then duh! Of course you can go, edgy child of mine."

Virgil hissed, Remus just laughing at that. Janus rolled his eyes.
.
.
.
.
Virgil woke up with a yawn.

Oh, today was Saturday.

Virgil groaned, not wanting to get up but also really wanting to go see Patton.

Going to see Patton won, so it got up and went to shower, putting on comfy sweatpants and hoddie with a tank top under.

Virgil walked out, hearing a crash as soon as it did. Virgil jumped, letting out a hiss as it dug its legs into the ceiling.

"Ow! Janus I'm sorrrrrryyyyyy!"

"You abssssolute dick! I'm ssssso divorcing your asssss!"

"No! I'm sorry! I won't do it again! I didn't even mean to do it this tim- SHIT DON'T THROW THE CHAIR! DON'T THROW IT- AHHH!"

Another crash.

Virgil groaned, jumping down and slowly walking in to see Remus on the floor with two chairs by him, one broken, and a very pissed off looking Janus, six arms holding a chair above, ready to throw another.

"Can I eat before this?" Virgil asked, walking in the kitchen to get some cereal.

Janus glared dangerously at Virgil, his snake eye pupil super thin. He hissed, baring his fangs as a warning to shut the fuck up.

Virgil hissed back, quickly raising the window up and picking up its bowl, crawling out.

"NO DON'T LEAVE ME! VIRG- FUCK PLEASE DON'T JANUS, I LOVE YOU! THIS IS ABUSE!"

Virgil snickered, easily climbing on the roof, settling down by making a small web to cling onto so it doesn't fall and began eating, hearing yelling and crashes every now and then. Now what father did, Virgil won't know unless one of them tell it.

It heard its phone buzz, so it pulled out its phone to see Patton messaged it on the group chat

Patton: Hey, could you tell me your address is Virgil? We're gonna pick you up if your ready once we pick up Logan

Logan: It's you're, Patton. And please add a period at the end of your sentences.

Virgil: yeah its ##############

Patton: Thanks!

Logan: Virgil isn't any better than Patton or Roman.

Roman: Uh wow rude much? smh

Logan: Why do you keep typing "smh"?

Virgil put its phone away, not bothering to talk if Patton isn't. It ate happily, the house quiet, but it isn't taking any chances.

Virgil finished, sneakily crawling back through the window. No one was in the living room or kitchen. It put the bowl in the sink, crawling back out to the roof, deciding to wait there

It saw a black car coming, and stopping at its house. Out came a very excited Patton, as it saw Roman in the driver seat with Logan sitting next. Roman honked, startling Logan.

Virgil chuckled, carefully crawling down, the three seeing it immediately. Virgil eventually jumped down, "I'm going with Patton now!" it called.

Patton giggled, "What were you doing up there?" he asked. Virgil sighed, "My dad was throwing chairs at my father."

"Throwing ch-"

Remus bursted out the door, looking panicked, "Virgil! My emo child!" he ran up to it, "Please take me with you."

Virgil's spider legs pushed him away, "Not my fault you pissed of dad."

"Remusssss!~ Pleassssse come back!~ I have a ssssurprisssse for you, my love!" A voice hissed out sweetly.

"Ah shit, we gotta go." Virgil quickly grabbed Patton, running to the car and quickly jumping in, making Patton stumble and fall ontop of it.

"VIRGIL YOU TRAITOR!" Remus shouted. Virgil reached a spider leg out, shutting the door, "Drive Princey, drive!"

Roman grinned, stepping on the gas and driving off, Logan and Patton both yelped, Logan holding on desperately to their seatbelt as Patton clutched onto Virgil.

Virgil laughed, "Thanks. I really didn't need my dad throwing chairs at me too."

"Excuse me?" Logan asked, glaring at Roman. It shrugged, "Something he does."

Virgil looked down at Patton and smiled, "Sup."

Patton's face was red. He then giggled, snuggling up into Virgil, "Hey."