13

Reaching the door of my drama class an hour and a half late, only this time I didn't care. After crying my eyes off with maddy, i laid in bed for an hour thinking of how everything would be different if he were here with me,how better everything would have been but most importantly how happy I would have been. I got up and got ready for class, maddy tried to get me to stay home but i refused, telling her that i was okay to go through class today,clearing my head from my thoughts i enter class only to be met with different gazes but all having the same thought.. What's wrong with her.... Well I too would think that way if i saw a girl with puffy bloodshot eyes dressed in an oversized sweater, with leggings and a beanie, with nothing but flip-flops on as footwear.
I directed my gaze to Mr Grey who already had his eyes on me, he gave me an understanding look. Only him and few of my peers in class knew what happened and what today marked. Smiling sadly i made my way to my seat, settling down I turned to Mr Grey who was still looking at me, nodding his head before starting off from were he stopped.
I could feel Apollo's gaze on me but i didn't bother to turn back nor did I bother to acknowledge him,i just wanted to get this day over with,feeling a tap on my shoulder ,I didn't bother looking back knowing it was him i kept my focus on Mr Grey.
"Hey are you ok?"actually no,today is the 1yr anniversary of my boyfriends death. But I won't tell him that, nodding my head in response gaze still locked on Mr Grey.
"hey look at me"he urged taking my chin, turning it to his direction he tenses, wow is it that obvious. Apollo narrows his eyes brows furrowed, he was about to ask me something but me knowing what it would be quickly answered" I'm fine, nothing happened" he shakes his head not buying any of my crap"dont lie to me, please tell me what happened",I shake my head removing his hands from my chin, i look at Kyle and Cole who both have worried and confused expression on their faces, directing my gaze back to apollo ,I shake my head again "you wouldn't understand and if you did there's nothing you can do about it, what's done is done"i say to apollo who looks slightly confused, before he can say anything i grab my things and head out of class but not before getting a sympathetic nod from Mr Grey.
Walking towards the exit of my schools building, I hear apollo yelling my name but I don't answer, i hear him telling me to wait but i keep walking not once turning back ..

Apollo's pov.
"dude quit looking at the door it's getting creepy"kyle says nudging my shoulder, but i don't budge.
"hey leave him alone, he's just waiting for his other half to show up"cole says snickering, I still don't budge my focus still directed at the door.Its been over an hour and April is still not here,call me stalkish but I know that she's never this late, I can't help but feel something's wrong.
30minutes later the door opens and in walks April, looking different, not the good different but the something is wrong different which only confirmed my earlier suspicions, I notice the change in Mr Grey's mood and the slight communication they have with their face, before she smiles and walks up to her seat, she doesn't even turn around to acknowledge me and the guys. I look at Cole and Kyle who both have questioning looks on their faces, focusing my attention on April i tap her shoulder but she doesn't turn around, keeping her gaze on Mr grey ,trying another means to get her attention i ask "hey are you ok?"of course she's not ok, can you be more stupid. She only nods her head in response gaze still locked on Mr Grey .ok that's it.I put my hand under her chin turning her face towards mine "hey look at me"i tense when i see how pale her skin is and how red and swollen her eyes look which shows that she has been crying,angry at what or who may have been the cause of her tears, i narrow my  eyes my brows furrowed but before I can say anything she says" I'm fine, nothing happened"even her voice is hoarse,making it obvious that she had been crying, i shake my head giving her the memo that I'm not buying the I'm fine, nothing happened crap.."don't lie to me,please tell me what happened "I practically beg, despiracy lacing through every words i said, she shakes her head taking my hands from her chin,she looks at Kyle and Cole she then directs her gaze back to me shaking her head again she says"you wouldn't understand, and if you did there's nothing you can do about it, what's done is done"when she's finished, i look at her confusion written all over my face, i guess she sensed my slight predicament but she didn't bother explaining further but before i can ask her what she meant she faces back grabbing her things and leaves class but not before getting a sympathetic nod from Mr grey. What the hell is going on, is there something I'm missing..I get up taking my things with me and dash out of class not bothering to acknowledge my friends questioning looks and mr Grey's call of my name. Searching everywhere for her, finally finding her, she's almost at the exit of our school building i yell her name on the top of my lungs getting strange looks from people around but she doesn't answer, i knew she heard me but she didn't bother to acknowledge it,i tell her to wait but she keeps on walking not once turning back around until she faded from my view.
My friends walk towards me "what was that about?" Cole asks, I just shrugged, my focus still on the schools exit, before either of them could say anything i spoke up" I'll see you guys back at the apartment " they nod their heads in response not questioning me before walking towards the schools exit, I turn around and make my way back down the hallway with only one goal in mind, if i want to understand and possibly help i may as well start with the one person who's like a brother to her,one person who is capable of breaking this riddle for me.
"Hey Mr grey can we talk?"..

Xoxo.
Esther💟