18

After Ethan had left i stayed in my room the whole night crying, Maddy never came home but she texted saying she was staying at Derek's which only made things easier for me because i didn't want her to see me like this. Saturday and Sunday passed by in a breeze, apollo had called saturday afternoon asking if i wanted to hang out but i lied to him saying i wasn't home, not that i was avoiding him i just really needed a time alone. So as i was walking to class i kept processing on how i was going to talk to apollo,i couldn't avoid him at least not again, besides he didn't do anything wrong and it would be selfish of me to make him feel like he did something wrong.I got to class 30minutes early which was a record for me, entering i looked around to see who had arrived but i was actually looking for apollo seeing that he hadn't arrived yet i felt relieved good.I turned my direction to Mr grey who already had his eyes on me smiling smugly, smiling as well i walked into class towards him.
"hey adam" I said
"April, funny seeing you this early,any occasion? he asked still having a smug smile on his face.I rolled my eyes at him which only made him laugh. "So how have you been?"
"good enough i guess but i'm getting there though" I said with a smile. He nodded his head then asked me other random questions in which i answered, we kept going back and forth laughing at some jokes while students kept filling in, he looked at his watch realising that it was time for class to begin i made my way back to my seat but stopped when i saw Kyle, Cole and Apollo on their seats.but i didn't see them walk in OR did I. I wasn't sure but waved it off, Cole was already waving at me i smiled reaching my seat i turned around.
"Hey guys" Kyle nodded his head smiling, Cole winked at me then focused his attention on apollo smirking, turning my gaze to him i caught him staring at me intently as if he was trying to read my emotions which made me feel slightly uncomfortable, a few seconds later he snapped out of it and smiled,satisfied i turned my attention back to Mr Grey's class but not before mentally patting myself on the back for not acting awkward around him.

🍀🍀
I was lying in bed,class had finished over two hours ago apollo had asked if i wanted to hang out but i lied again telling him i had to be somewhere which was slightly true because i indeed needed to be somewhere and that was my bed.So as i was scrolling through my contacts it occurred to me that i hadn't spoken to my mom in over two weeks, dialing her number i waited for her to pick up.First ring no answer, second, third, before it could lead me straight to voicemail in the fourth ring she picked.
"Hey mom" I said
"April baby that you?" I laughed slightly
"Yh mom,its me. I'm sorry i haven't called in so long I've been so busy lately"I said feeling guilty already.
"It's fine baby, i'm just glad you called. How have you been and how's Ethan and the others" I smiled,Ethan's always been her favorite even carter had no match for ethan and my moms bond with eachother,feeling heavy in my heart thinking of carter i shook the feeling away no i won't break down, especially not with my mom on the phone. I took a deep breath then answered " Well i'm okay and well ethan and the guys are okay too, great actually" I said not really going into details, i hadn't spoken to ethan since Friday, he didn't call and neither did i but in all i missed him but i was just too proud to call first. My mom didn't answer, i actually thought that the call was cut off before she spoke again "What happened baby",I wasn't surprised that my mom could pick out that something was wrong but i felt bad that i didn't hide my emotions well, i just didn't want to be selfish and bother her with my life so i did the best logical thing "Nothing mom, so how's home?" I said changing the topic but sadly my mom wasn't having any of that,
"April Rosaline star don't you try changing the topic cause you know better than to lie and pretend to me. Now tell me what happened" I was quiet contemplating on whether i should just say it or lie to her but thought against the lying part, seeing as there was no use hiding it i sighed in defeat and told her everything.By the time i was done for the first time in a very long time i felt lighter, relieved actually , i waited for my mom to speak, it took about a minute before she spoke ,"well first Ethan's right and you know it, if truly you love this apollo kid then why are you holding back, what's stopping you-.She paused for a second then sighed. -"I know you miss him but don't you think it's time to start over to let go but not forget because you know that no matter what he's always going to be in your heart"
"You know you sound exactly like Ethan" I said trying to lighten up the mood and it worked making my mom laugh but she stopped after a while "Have you spoken to Mrs pines recently?" When i didn't answer she sighed "You need to call her april."
"I know I know, i have just been busy that's why" I answered which was actually the truth.
My mom paused for a while then sighed "She's moving" I froze,too stunned to speak but my mom continued "she was able to sell her house two months ago,which gave her enough time to get the house set up for the new owners she leaves in two days".
Finally getting my voice back "were's she moving too?" I asked
"London"
"Wow" I said,not having anymore words than that which only made my mom laugh.
"Yh ,i guess it's her way of getting a fresh start." Before i could say anything again my mom spoke "look baby i gotta go,take care of yourself and call Mrs pines.I love you" she said before cutting the call.
"And i love you too"i muttered.I looked at my phone screen still processing all my mom said until i came down to one conclusion,i went to my contacts and dialed her number, she picked on the first ring "Hello"
"Hey Mrs p, it's april"

Hey guys really hope you enjoyed this chapter, please keep your likes and comments coming.
Xoxo.
Esther💟