Sacrifice & Saving Lives

"Stop!" I repeated.

Luke stopped his actions and looked at me.

Something flashed behind his eyes but it was gone as fast as it appeared.

"Bailey," Michael choked out. "Don't."

I ignored him, not leaving Luke's cold gaze.

"You don't need to kill him," I said.

"Why not?" Luke growled. "He has ruined everything for me. He kept me away from you, he refused to make one realm like before."

"I understand," I said swaying slightly in my spot. "If he didn't keep me from you, someone else would have, maybe he did or does want to make one realm once again, but he has to take his peoples opinions into account, and if you kill him, there is someone else who will take his spot over there."

It was clear in my voice that I was pleading. I didn't want Mikey dead.

"So, killing him will accomplish in nothing," I tried to reason.

By now, tears are in my eyes.

"It will at least get rid of him," Luke growled.

I shook my head.

"Maybe, the next one for the thrown will be worse, what then? Kill them too?" I asked.

"Sure, why not?" Luke shrugged.

"Put him in lock up, just please, don't kill him," A tear slipped down my cheek as I spoke.

"I can't," he said before raising the sword once again.

"Take me!" I screamed.

Luke halted in his action. The sword, mere centimeters from Mikey's throat.

Michaels eyes had been squeezed shut, anticipating the cut, but when I screamed out, they flew open.

"No!" Michael and Ashton yelled in unison.

"Quiet," I snapped at them.

I looked pleadingly into Luke's bright blue eyes.

"Take me and let them go," I said in a tight voice.

Luke stared at me carefully, trying to see if I was screwing with him.

"You really want them to stay alive?" Luke spoke quietly.

I nodded.

"Why?" He asked. "Michael has done nothing but hide you away from everyone and Ashton helped. So why help them?"

I finally let my eyes move away from Luke's and looked at Michaels green one. Looking over my shoulder, I met Ashton's hazel eyes.

Both pair of eyes pleaded with me not to do it.

"Maybe so," I said meeting Luke's eyes once again. "But they have also loved me all my life."

Luke scoffed.

"I was up on earth for a year," I tried to explain. "I was given the information that my so called parents stopped loving me, kicking me out of the house even though I did nothing. I was on my own with nothing but my dog and the clothes on my back. I managed to survive, get my own place, survive on my own. I remember, all that time that I was alone, all I wanted was someone to love me. It didn't have to be the way a man loves a woman, I just wanted to be loved, to feel loved."

Another tear slipped down my cheek.

"Having my memories back, I know that I was loved all that time, even now, they are silently begging me not to sacrifice myself," I continued.

I shrugged.

"But loyalty is my greatest strength," I added taking a deep breath.

Luke gave me a confused look.

"It's also my biggest weakness," I admitted. "So, please, I am begging you with everything that I have. Please, take me and let them go."

I stared at Luke, long and hard, mentally praying he would go through with it.

Fianlly, Luke sighed and lowered the sword. He let go of Michaels hair and he went down.

He caught himself on his hands and looked up at me with watery eyes.

"Seal the deal with a kiss," Luke demanded. "Make it official."

I nodded.

"Fine, I don't care. As long as they walk out of here," I said shaking my head.

"Maes," Ashton begged. "Please don't."

I looked over my shoulder at the curly haired, hazel eyes boy still tied up and standing on his feet.

Calum was still passed out behind him against the wall.

When I looked back at Luke, he was now standing in front of me.

He grinned at me and ran his finger across my cheek.

I fought the urge to pull away.

"You won't regret it," Luke spoke softly.

I leaned in slightly, acting like I was gunna press my lips to his, but instead I went to his ear.

I set my hands on his waist to steady myself and I could feel his warm breath on my neck.

"I know I wont," I whispered against his ear....

(A/N: DUN DUN DUUUNNNN. Sorry, I just really felt like leaving it off there. You won't know what Bailey does until next chapter. LOVE Y'ALL 😍😘)