08

Daisuke coughs suddenly and chokes on his ramen, "You know I will get in trouble for that."

Sumire scoffs, "well tell her to talk me then. I'm sure she will be more than happy to come over and annoy me again."

Sumire stabs her ramen aggressively, picking up the leftover vegetables in the bottom of the bowl and shoving them into her mouth. She munches on them aggressively, still pissed off at Kocho. She spent the entire time to the restaurant raving about it in her head and by the time she made it to Daisuke she had over ten plans on how to embarrass the woman back.

"Sumire calm down, she wants to get you upset and that's exactly what she is doing. Just ignore her." Daisuke brings the bowl to his mouth and drinks the remaining broth in the bowl.

She sighs and shakes her head.

"Daisuke, I was out, I was gone. Then I just had to be brought back." Now she is swirling her chopsticks around the vegetables, gazing at them.

"Do you really hate it here?" Daisuke raises his eyebrows at the girl, expecting a good answer from her this time.

"I don't hate it here so to say," she looks up, "It's more I have to do things that require me to not be here."

"And what are those things?" Daisuke places his chopsticks atop his bowl.

"Nice try Daisuke, but I'm not telling you." Sumire chuckles and stands up, stretching her arms. "Let's go for a walk, I already paid."

Daisuke looks around in shock, looking at the other people, "when did you pay?"

"When we walked in." Sumire smiles and walks out the door, waving to the lady behind the counter as she does.

Daisuke sighs and stands up, walking after her quietly. This girl never fails to surprise him. "Where are we going?"

"A walk in the woods?" Sumire smiles at the man, but Daisuke suddenly stops.

"Sumire Sankocho!" He brings his hand up and karate chops her smack bang in the middle of the head.

"Huh? OW! What was that for?!" The girl grabs her head in her hands and glares heavily at the man behind her.

"Have you forgotten what I am? I am a Head Kakushi, which means I don't fight. I am not going into the woods in the night." Daisuke grabs her arm and pulls he rin the other directions. "We can walk through the night stalls."

Sumire glares at the man, still holding her head as they walk around.

"Oh? Daisuke!" A voice rings out from the crowd.

Sumire's entire body goes rigid as she turns slowly to look at Kocho, her eyes dark.

"Ah, Kocho-sama, I didn't think I would be seeing you out tonight." Daisuke bows lightly to the lady, glancing at Sumire from the corner of her eye.

"Hm, well, I thought it was a nice night to go out. Mitsuri came with me." Kocho turns around, looking into the crowd. "It seems I've lost her."

The woman just walks back off into the crowd, looking for her lost friend.

"I will literally obliterate that woman if it's the last thing I do," Sumire mumbles under her breath and walks back towards the Headquarters.

"Ah, so we are walking home now?" Daisuke teases, earning a shoe to the face.

w.i.s.t.e.r.i.a.

"It's good to see you are okay, Tokito-sensei." Sumire smiles down at her mentor.