21

Sumire wakes up slowly, her head spinning and her body in a lot of pain. You'd think demons would be better than this, but obviously Sumire is just a weird concoction of the worst part of being a human and demon.

She looks around, trying to adjust to her surroundings. White, a lot of white. She looks to the side and notices Kakushi' avoid her side of the room like the plague.

She sits up abruptly, her eyes going wide as she tries to register where she is. She is out of the demon fortress. She is in the Demon Slayer Headquarters. She abruptly stands up and runs out of the room, scaring many workers on the way, all of them shifting out of the way quickly as she moves towards them. Some scared of her demon side, the other just scared of getting bowled over.

Sumire runs right out into the sun and hisses slightly as it burns at her harshly. She quickly runs into the shade and searches around quickly. She hasn't been away for long technically speaking, but where she has been makes it different.

She listens quietly, trying to pick up sounds of voices she knows and where they are. She runs forward, looking for the Hashira.

She knows it isn't real, but her dreams have been filled with them dying. Her being left in the woods and them trying to save her, only to be trapped and eaten by demons. So she must see them, just to make sure her dream wasn't reality and they are okay.

"Sankocho-san! You have to come back inside and rest!" A Kukashi yells to her, trying to get her attention as her head whips around.

But the said girl isn't paying attention, she has one thing to do and she is going to do it. Other Kukashi follow behind the first, also looking for the missing teen. They spot her and move towards her, trying to convince her to come back inside before the blazing sun does damage to her.

But just as they step into the shade she flys off, running at top speed and sending pebbles flying as she does. The Kukashi just watch her go, not believing that this is what their job entails. They run after her, trying to catch her before she draws too much attention.

Kukashi may not be good at fighting, but they are sure fast as hell.

Unluckily for them, Sumire is about to draw attention to herself, because as soon as she finds where the Hashira are, she is going to beeline for them. She rushes past everyone, scaring most away while others just glare at her, but she doesn't care at this point.

She is still in her dress, which is ripped to shreds and covered in blood, but she won't let that stop her. As soon as she knows they are safe everything is fine. She skids to a stop when she hears the familiar high pitched voice of Mitsuri.

She takes a moment to pinpoint it before running in that direction, her sudden change in direction scaring most who are around her. She sprints past a building and jumps over a fence, her body aching slightly but getting used to starting up quickly after being put out of action.

Sumire skids to a stop as she turns a corner, breathing heavily as Kukashi starts running towards her. Her eyes are scanning the people in front of her.

Mitsuri and Kocho are standing there, looking at her for a moment before their eyes go wide. Sumire looks beyond them to see Giyu and Rengoku standing there as well, both of them turning towards her slowly.

She takes a deep breath as she registers that they are okay.

"You are okay."

w.i.s.t.e.r.i.a.

I know what you are thinking, this bitch wrote the shortest chapter of her career.

But for good reason.

This singles that end of the first part of the book, we will now be heading into the main part of the anime.

~shadow