11

"Coming through!" Shinazugawa practically rips open his vocal cords as he makes an entrance into the corps.

Kanroji is the first look up, she had been waiting for their return with Kocho and Rengoku. They all knew that with Giyu on the team they would all be back before the day was over. They were right.

Shinazugawa comes barrelling through and practically tosses Tokito at Kanroji, startling the girl. She just manages to catch the fatigued boy. He makes no protest, he just groans and gives up, sick of travelling at this point.

Iguro comes through next, immediately spotting Kanroji and then Tokito in her arms. He narrows his eyes at him before remembering he is a literal twelve-year-old, and Kanroji is seventeen. Then it hits him, he is two years older than Kanroji.

'Am I . . . . a pedophile?' He shakes his head and sighs, grabbing the boy and standing him up next to him silently.

"Funny how he would not slow down, and now he is the last one." Shinazugawa watches Giyu's approaching figure.

Iguro rolls his eyes, "Fuji probably weighs a hundred and sixty kilos for all we know."

Kaburamaru hisses slightly at his master, surprising the boy. He narrows at his snake, wondering why he is so interested in the girl.

"I-Is she okay?" Kanroji holds her hands close to her chest, looking at Giyu as well.

Iguro flushes slightly, 'So cute. . . .'

"No, she isn't. They really beat her up." Shinazugawa doesn't seem to notice the girls frightened look before he opens his fat mouth.

Kanroji covers her mouth with her hands, frightened for the girl. Rengoku pats her back lightly.

"I sure it's nothing that can't be fixed!" The man slimes brightly to her.

But as Giyu appears in front of them, the now unconscious girl in his arms, they can see the full extent of her injuries.

"I wouldn't be so sure . . . ." Iguro mumbles before hailing down some Kakushi to warn them of her arrival.

"C'mon Giyu, we better move her quickly." Kocho immediately heads to her estate.

Tomioka doesn't say anything, he just follows her, glancing down at Sumire. The girl fell asleep almost as soon as they started moving, her mind giving out on her. He was honesty happy when she did, he didn't want to have to see her in pain as he moved around causing movement for her.

He would be lying if he said he hadn't seen her wounds healing at an abnormal rate. But he hasn't said anything, hoping he is imagining things and it isn't true.

w.i.s.t.e.r.i.a.

Tomioka stands silent by Sumire's bed. Watching her quietly as Kocho tries to salvage some of the girls blood and remove scarring. The woman noticed her healing wounds straight away but decided to try and salvage the girl.

"We've been wanting to look at demon blood for years, this may be our chance." She mumbles as she catches the last of the blood dripping from the girls side.

Tomioka nods quietly, staring at the lines that now trace over almost all of Sumire's body.

"These tattoos," Kocho mumbles, "I wonder what they are for."

Though the lines on her face seem to be meaningless and just trail up her face, there are multiple others around her body that depict a scene. Right up her left side is a wisteria twine, running from her hip to her armpit.

Her right leg has almost the same, a long path of vine trailing up her leg, wisteria hanging from it graceiusly.

"Do you think it has something to do with her?" Kocho mumbles to the man as she notices his gaze. "Her right arm has the same as her leg, I wouldn't be surprised if it trails all the way up. And from what I can tell, these more on her back."