17

"So what am I doing?" Sumire asks Kokushibo, half expecting him not to reply.

"The stronger you are, the more useful you are." He says back, this is the first time he has answered one of her questions. "So we are fighting until you learn to be stronger."

Sumire raises her eyebrows at the mans back.

'Learn to be stronger . . .'

'Well then . . .'

'Indeed . . .'

Sumire chooses to just walk silently behind him and stare at the back of his head because she knows he will feel her gaze and be agitated by it. Sumire enjoys agitating people, it's one of her favourite past times. Every time they turn a corner or change direction he takes the chance glance back at her, all eyes pointed straight towards her.

Every time he makes eye contact with her she smiles brightly at him and sends a wave, which he, in turn, looks away from her and glares ahead of him.

'Stupid human.'

'He called you stupid,' the voice calls out to Sumire. '

She raises her eyebrows, 'you can hear other peoples thoughts?'

'I mean if I feel like it,'

Sumire's mouth stretches into a large grin, plans running through her mind at a million miles an hour.

'No, I won't,'

'But Mr Voice sir~'

'Sumire I will not be a spy for you.'

'But my life . . . . depends on it.'

'I'm sure it does,'

Sumire internally gasps and pretends to ignore him. The voice just chuckles and leaves, making Sumire rolls her eyes and cross her arms.

"Here," Kokushibo opens a door and waits for the girl to enter before him.

"What a lovely young man," Sumire pats his chest lightly as she walks in, smiling to him.

Kokushibo scowls deeply at her, annoyed by her confidence to touch him.

"So tell me," Sumire walks into the centre of the room, "have you have been put in charge of me and not some small fry?"

"I won't go easy on you." He ignores her question and draws his katana, ready to beat the shit out of her.

"So? Oh, you're the most loyal." Sumire glances around, looking for her own katana to fight with, "it's a little unfair, don't you think? You have a weapon and I don't?"

"Use your hands," Kokushibo gets into a fighting stance, picking at Sumire's nerves a little.

Sumire raises her eyebrows at him before sighing and rolling her shoulders back. She going to have to draw on whatever strength she has a demon because her human self can't beat a Moon without a sword, so hopefully, her demon side can do some damage.

Sumire looks towards Kokushibo, accessing him and his stance. She smirks lightly, she can fight him easily. He has the style of a Slayer, not of a demon who has learnt a special fighting technique. Sumire cracks her neck and looks the demon in the eyes.

"Let's start." She says.

Kokushibo narrows his eyes at her, not liking her courage in the face of her possible death. He pulls his katana forward, staring her down as she smirks to him, raising her eyebrows.