16

Sumire groans as she comes around, her head pounding harshly. She tries to reach up and grab her head but her hands are held back by chains. She snaps her eyes open and looks down at them, tugging at the chains in confusion. She tugs at them again before twisting her wrist around in them, still trying to figure out why she is chained up.

She glances up first, before lifting her head and taking in the scene around her.

"Oh . . ." She looks around the room at every person present, her eyes widening slightly.

"Oh."

Standing in front of her is Muzan Kibutsuji, smiling at her. She tugs against the chains harshly as she makes eye contact with him, her fear spiking suddenly. She looks around the room her urgency only increasing as she does.

The Twelve Moons sit along a table, sitting quietly and watching her as she comes to her senses. She snaps her gaze back to Muzan and tries to stand, but her feet are chained to a table leg, to get out she will have to bring the entire table down with her or just drag it out of here with her.

"Don't try it, Sumire," Muzan smirks, leaning his chin on his hands, amused by the girls struggle.

Sumire freezes when he says her name, her eyes staring down at her chained hands widen considerably and slowly trail up to him, fear evident in her eyes.

"What do you want from me?" She whispers, stopping her struggling.

"Well you see Sankocho, these are my elite," he motions down the table, "And you are the next step towards something better."

Sumire shakes her head, pulling the chains again, "I'm not even a demon, I highly doubt I'm of any use to you."

She goes back to staring at her hands and pulling harshly, the entire table shifting towards her as she does, surprising quite a few at the table, others just narrow their eyes at her.

"Sumire you are of use to me." Muzan reaches over the table and holds her chin in place so she looks at him, "you have the demon gene, and you are a fertile woman."

Sumire's eyes go wide, her pulling for a second as she stares at him. The entire reason she left her family in the first place was to stop things like this, and noe here she is stuck in the same situation with the demon king. Sumire shakes her head, removing her chin from his hand.

"No, not happening." She grits her teeth and manages to just rips the entire plank of wood off the table, releasing her chains from it.

Muzan watches in amusement still, "how are you going to get out?"

Sumire smiles at him, bringing the chains up and looping them around the back of her neck.

"I'm not going to get away, because then you can get me them." She kicks the table leg so it tips, causing Muzan to shift backwards. "I'm going to kill myself."

Muzan's eyes harden fast and sharply, he reaches for the girl and rips the chains off her quickly, not allowing her to do as she wishes. As soon as he does he realises she has gotten her way, she is chainless.

"Why thank you sir, they were hurting a little." She rubs her wrist, glaring at him. "Now, explain why I shouldn't aggravate one of your elite to the point that they kill me. You may think you are in a room I feel helpless, but you have just given me a room of weapons."

Sumire stands from her seat and looks up, staring at the ceiling, "Why are we in a basement? Are you scared of the sun?"

Muzan knows of her quick wit, but he didn't expect her to have any when she is in such danger.