10

Tomioka flashes down the dirt paths faster than ever before. Iguro and Shinazugawa understood why but they were finding it a little hard to keep up with the mans constant directional changes and speed fluctuations.

"Oi, Tomioka! Think we can slow down for a minute?" Shinazugawa yells from the back, he still has a fresh wound from a previous mission and isn't fairing too well.

"Every second counts." The stoic man says back, not letting up.

Iguro just shakes his head and sighs, reaching up and checking Kaburamaru hadn't flone off his shoulder while they have been running.

w.i.s.t.e.r.i.a.

Sumire hunches over, her left hand steading her and her right reaching up and gripping her heart. She coughs aggressively, blood leaking from the corners of her mouth and splattering against the wooden floorboards.

She had tried to distract them as much as possible and delay but Rui saw right through her and ended up controlling her limbs to drink the blood. She coughs again, trying to get the burning liquid out of her system. It burnt the whole way down and she can feel it in her stomach. She wouldn't be surprised if she just burst into flames then and there.

She heaves with her entire body, trying to get anything out. But it's not worth it. She swallowed mouthfuls, she can't stop that. Maybe a drop or two she could have withstood, she has abnormally strong blood. Though it does mean she heals faster, it also means she bleeds an excessive amount.

Her eyes widen as she chokes back a sob, her right hand covering her mouth. She doesn't want to be a demon, she has spent her entire life working towards fighting them. She has sacrificed so much to become a demon slayer and kill those terrorising her family. Yet here she is, turning into one herself and being forced into a family of them.

"It may take a few hours," Rui whispers before turning around and leaving the room, the rest following silently.

She waits until the door is closed before she collapses to the floor, her cheek pressed hard against the cold wood. She heaves in breaths, knowing that the process is known for killing many. Her eyes go wide once again.

'It might kill me, I don't have to be a demon . . . .'

'Absolutely not.' The voice sounds as if it is shaking its head at her.

'What are you?' Sumire asks, her eyes closing and her throat still burning.

'Not what, more who.'

'Oh so you're one of those, huh? You are gonna waste my time and then right before you die or some shit I realise who you are and I mourn your death for the rest of my days?'

The voice lets out a laugh at the girl, clearly amused by her handling of the situation.

'No, I can't tell you who I am. One day you may see me. Then you will understand. You turning into a demon may mean you can see me.'

'Oh so I don't have to watch you die and mourn for you?'

'I'm already dead you idiot.'

'Well I'm not turning into a demon so I won't have to see you.'

Sumire suddenly lurches to the side, blood swelling in her throat and trickling out of her mouth. She holds her mouth open and faces the ground, hoping it will make its way out of her mouth because of gravity. She doesn't have the energy to try and get it out herself.

She suddenly feels a little colder than before, she glances to the side to see if anyone has joined her but nothing.

'You still there?'