14

Sumire sighs heavily as she stares at the dresses. Curse her younger self and her short-sleeve addiction, now she has to add long sleeves to the dresses so she can actually use them. Yes, the material is good and think liked she imagined, but it is also hard to find and in order for her to get the blue cloud material she is going to have the send a message to Urokodaki, which means she has to explain her situation to him.

Yes she is sure he will be more forgiving of her and will understand her situation more than most, her and Giyu sent the kid and his demon sister to him for a reason, but what she isn't so sure about is if he will accept the change.

Will he forever see her as two Sumire's? As human Sumire and demon Sumire? Or will he see her as just Sumire? Questions fill her mind as she stares at the material. She slowly starts to smile at it.

She wanted to make the cloud material the other side to her haori, one side Sabito's and one side Urokodaki and just completely get rid of her royal blue that she has had since birth. But she ran out, she made this dress instead and didn't mind. Now she minds, she even has to ask for more, but at least it will be going to good use and not just sitting in a box like it has for the past few years.

She pulls the entire box out of the room and into the hallway. She stares down at the different materials and makes note of them. Giyu's maroon, Sabito's checkered and Urokodaki's clouds. She has spare of all but the clouds. She curses again, holding her head in her palms.

She holds her sensei in high regard and never wanted to tell him, to let him die thinking she was normal old Sumire. He had been through a lot when dealing with her, mostly the fact that she never wanted to reveal her breath style to him and only practised by herself. Yes, she chose to also learn the Water Breath, but she was always behind the two boys because she would disappear halfway through training to keep her other up to par.

She regrets never telling them then. She always told herself she would tell them when she was older, but it never crossed her mind that some don't make it until they are older. Sumire shakes her head and sits up straight, taking a deep breath in and letting it out heavily before picking up the dresses and extra material.

She makes her way over tot he Mist Estate, knowing it is empty and her sensei will be gone for a few days, so she has free rein to fill the house with what she wants as long as she cleans it up by the time he is back.

"Oh! Sankocho?"

Sumire turns around to see Kanroji walking towards her, Iguro trailing behind her. The pinkette smiles at her and waves wildly, walking towards her. Sumire sneaks a glance at Iguro and grins widely at him. He narrows his eyes at her and drags his fingers across his neck, signalling that she better not try anything funny.

"Hello, Kanroji-sama." Sumire bows to the girl slightly, making sure to keep the material tight in her arms so they don't fall onto the floor.

"Oh? What are you making?" Kanroji stops in front of the girl, starring down at her arms in interest.

Sumire also glances down at her arms before looking back up at the two.

"I'm making some dresses, so the sun doesn't burn me." She says, thanking the heavens that it's a cloudy day.

"Ah, that's smart. But shouldn't the uniform be enough with the haori?" Kanroji holds a finger up, looking at Sumire hopefully.

Sumire smiles lightly at the girl, "I don't think I will be in the uniform for long, Kanroji-sama."

Both Hashira seem to freeze in time, bodies going stiff. Yes, the Hashira have talked about the possibility of removing the girl from the corps with the Master, but everyone was ordered to not say a thing. They don't think even Tomioka would have let anything slip to the girl.