13

Sumire sits quietly as she is poked and prodded at by the Kakushi. Every day they do at least one test on her, mainly checking her healing speed and taking blood from her. Every time they do they tell her what it is for.

"Today we are looking into a demon poison." The Kakushi says as they slowly press the needle into her skin.

She nods as she turns the page to her book, not really bothered by their antics. She understands at this point that her participation isn't only important because it keeps her alive but it also keeps slayers alive, her blood is being contributed to so many things that are helping the corps.

So she just sits still and lets them work, only interrupting them when they literally punch her to see how her body reacts. She finds their reactions to things a little odd, her body reacts almost the same to every other demon's.

'Oh right, they don't have to encounter demons.' Sumire sweat drops at her own stupidity and looks back to her book, trying to rid of her embarrassment in the pages.

'You are a little dumb yeah?'

Sumire flinches at the sudden voice, scaring the Kakushi's working on her a little, they haven't touched her in a few minutes so they didn't expect any sudden movements from the girl.

She ignores them and slyly looks around the room over the top of her book, looking just in case she can see the person talking to her. She is getting impatient, every time they talk she wants to know who they are and what they look like, or if she already knows them.

'You are a little annoying yeah?'

'Well, that's mean.'

'You're mean.'

'Wow, you are what? Five years old?'

'Yep, older than you.'

[cringe]

Sumire tries to ignore him, feeling his presence only because she is actively searching it out. Usually, she can't tell when he is around, but she can tell when he leaves, it gets colder around her, so now when he appears she tries to assess whether it gets worming around her or if he has been following her for a while and just hasn't said anything.

"We are done for today," one of the Kakushi's removes the needle from Sumire's arm and gives her a polite nod.

Sumire sighs and swings her legs off the bed, sitting up and placing her book away. She tries one more time to feel for her stalking voice but doesn't feel anything. She sighs and stands up, stretching her arms above her head.

She nods to all the Kakushi's before heading out the door and out of the Butterfly Estate. She finds it a little uncomfortable to be in there. She used to love helping people get better but now that she is a demon she sees it a little differently.

It may be the stares and odd comments getting to her, but she just looks at the patient and can't help my think cit's weird that she is healing someone that has been harmed by someone of the same race as her. As much as she doesn't want to admit it, she is a demon and she has to come to terms with it overwise she won't ever move forward from this.

So, Sumire decided to remove herself from under Daisuke's training and away from the estate unless being there for her daily check-up. Daisuke seemed a little upset when he got the news, as much as he picked on Sumire, she has a high learning rate and had the natural gift of healing people, but he had noticed a lot more people refusing help from her an going to other Kakushi's to ask for help.

It aggravates him to no end, anyone should be grateful for help from anyone, yet here Sumire is, being great at her job and having to deal with this. Daisuke sees Sumire's situation a little different from most.