20

Kokushibo walks slowly through the trees, careful not to attract attention to himself. Sumire lays motionless in his arms as he moves. Her sister walking silently next to him, intimidated by his presence but following orders. He just needs to get within range of the slayers and then he can leave her up for grabs.

Kokushibo doesn't know why, but something about this girl pulls at him. The fact that she knows his real name, information about him when the rest of the corps doesn't. Yet, if she knew of him, why don't the Hashira? A question that has been rattling around his brain since she said his demon name the first time they saw each other at the table.

He is taking a large risk here but it may be beneficial in the end. If he lets Sumire go back to the slayers, he will bargain with her. He would normally just kill her on the spot, but she is a large part of Muzan's plan, and killing her would be signing the document to his death.

So, in return for Sumire's freedom, she will never utter a word of his name. Hopefully, she keeps her end of the bargain, or else he will have to put his master's wishes aside and end her pitiful human life. Well, half-human, half-demon. He has been moving quickly in the hopes that Sumire doesn't wake up when he is still around. He is just doing to leave a small note and leave so the chance of someone catching him is low.

Not even Sumire can know of this, he just needs her to know not to mention him to everyone. He knows that her sister won't say anything, she is practically mute and her life isn't set in stone like Sumire's. He is Lord Muzan's most elite, he cannot be outed by a teenage girl with the chance of becoming a surrogate.

Kokushibo thinks not.

He starts to feel more and more presence of people around, meaning he is close enough for someone to find her and pick her up. He is aware that the Hashira are busy. Sumire happened to let the information slip in one of their 'training sessions.' Kokushibo had warned her that if she continued to fight the way she was then the Hashira would beat her into her grave in minutes.

She replied by saying that they aren't even looking for her, so they wouldn't. Around this time of year, the Hashira are busy. Whether this is real information or she is trying to throw him off and give him false information to report back to Muzan he doesn't know. All he knows is that if it is true, they will find her in the area because they are moving back and forth enough to see her.

Kokushibo comes to a stop and places Sumire on the floor. Looking towards her sister to come forward. She does, placing Sumire's head on her lap. He notices the black lines that glide up and down her body glow slightly as he lets go of her, obviously recognising that the threat is going away. Something that seems unusual about Sumire, her demon side seems to make its own decisions a little. Even though Sumire is unconscious, her body is still reacting to his presence. Or she is able to control it unconsciously, either or, it's impressive.

Kokushibo presses his nail to Sumire's left arm and presses into it, causing the black lines to appear once again. He sighs and shoves paper into Sumire's dress, before disappearing from sight and leaving the girl alone.

w.i.s.t.e.r.i.a.

Iguro walks through the trees slowly, huffing about the fact that he has to do this mission once again. Every year these people come to the corps and ask them to look for this girl who went missing almost a decade ago now. Except for this year, they have two more newly missing children. Sure, the corps gets funding out of it, how these people find the money is beyond anyone, but surely they understand that their daughter is dead by now.

Right?

Iguro makes his way around from the corps and away from the trees of wisteria and towards the normal trees that offer no safety from the surrounding demons. Not that Iguro needs to worry about that anyway, he is a Hashira and that's enough to threaten most demons away anyway.