06

Sumire turns around, coming eye to eye with the one and only Tomioka Giyu. She gives him a tight smile before leaning back on the door and opening it. Tomioka lets go of the door as it swings open. He doesn't take his eyes off the girl as she walks into the room, checking the tags on the boxes to look for her own. He leans against the door frame, watching her quickly glance around.

He doesn't understand her, maybe for the first time in his life. He always understood her, for the decade he has known her. Why she trained with him and Sabito at Urokodaki's. Why she couldn't help but love everything around her. How she wanted to be at the top with him and work with him. But she suddenly changed, she suddenly wanted to stay hidden and away from people. She stopped trusting so many people and would only follow him around, she pretty much refused missions that didn't involve him. He just can't understand her anymore. It's like she has become afraid of something that he doesn't know of.

"Hey Tomioka," He snaps out of his gaze to look over at the girl who has scaled a stack of boxes while trying to reach one at the top. "You think you can reach it?"

He walks up to her and grabs her waist, wrapping his arms around her tightly. She lets out a quiet squeal in surprise but grabs onto him anyway so she doesn't fall off. He places her down on the ground beside him. He raises his arm and grabs the box three or four down from in and brings them all down at once. Sumire sweat drops at his solution, he was using his brain whereas here she is scaling boxes. She opens the box and grabs out a few dresses, staring at them with a gross look in her eyes.

"I hate dresses."

"I know," Tomioka reaches forward into the box and grabs one of them.

He holds it up to her, his eyes softening. It was a bright kimono with light blue trimmings and waist band. It was the material that made up both her and Tomioka's haori. Their friends' favourite pattern. She smiles lightly at it and grabs it from him. She had made it years ago to wear to Sabito's wedding. She made one for everyone's. She has a red kimono to wear to Tomioka's and she even made a cloud patterned one to wear to Urokodaki's if he ever decided to have a late marriage.

"I suppose a dinner with the Hashira can substitute for a wedding huh?"

A light chuckle comes from the man, he shakes his head and heads out of the room, moving towards his own room to get dressed. Sumire waits until his door completely closes before ripping her clothes off as fast as she can and pulling the dress on. She will not be caught naked dead in this house.

She ties everything up before heading back towards the door, she opens it to see Shinazugawa still standing there, in his own attire now. He gives her an annoyed look.

"What took you so long? Were you two fucking or somthing?" The boy crosses his arms, trying to intimidate the girl.

She shakes her head as she hears Tomioka walk out behind her.

"Shut up and tie this up for me," she hands the waistband over to him and turns around.

The man curses at her but does it anyway, tying it up as quickly as he can so they wouldn't be late to this dinner.

"Let's go, Fuji." He decides against acknowledging the Water Hashira and just stomps ahead, pulling Sumire along by the arm.

'What is with everyone and pulling me around?'

'Maybe so you won't run away?'

Sumire tenses up as the voice speaks back to her again, her thoughts going wild. The voice sounds familiar but she can't tell who it is and how they are in her head. She shakes her head quickly, trying to shake her nerves off. Tomioka notices this and glances dully at her.