03

Sumire stands in front of the officials, waiting for them to hand her a position. They want her to train under someone again, they just have to choose who and when. She is biting her lips nervously.

'Not the Hashira, please not the Hashira.'

She didn't leave on a good note with the Hashira. Many of them had followed her beyond the gate. Tomioka asked her question after question on why she didn't show her full potential from the start.

"Because I don't want to be a Hashira!" She yells back at them.

'Oh shit, I just yelled at them. Oh boy. Just keep walking.'

"And why not?" Tomioka did not stop his questionnaire.

She huffs and turns around to face them, "Because, To-mi-o-ka sen-sei," She glares at him, "it's all about you. Hashira this, Hashira that. Well, guess what? Hashira my ass."

Sumire turns back around and walks her way as fast as she can away from them, not running but to giving them the thought that she wants to be near them.

Sumire suddenly flinches as someone grabs hold of her hand, she looks to the side to see

Muichiro Tokito.

"What happened to you again? I forgot." He stares up at her. To this day, he is the only Hirashi to make her nervous excluding the one time she accidentally walked into Tomioka's room while he was changing his uniform shirt.

"W-what do you mean?" She is genuinely confused by his boy, he could be talking about anything.

"What made you change your identity?" Sumire snatches her hand away from him. Glaring heavily before disappearing in a flash.

"It will take some time to process you. We shall call your crow when we have made a decision." Sumire bows politely to the men before heading out and towards the hotel she had bought a room in.

She takes her time though, admiring all the flowers in the surrounding gardens. There were never many plants in the water compound. But the butterfly compound had tonnes. She would always take a detour to walk past the compound, just to look at the flowers. They were very peaceful beings in her eyes, but they also had the ability to ward off demons.

Sumire has never seen a demon voluntarily walk through flowers or pick them, not even smell them. She had a strange suspicion that many demons didn't even know which plants hurt them and which don't. She sighs heavily before heading to her room, making sure not to make eye-contact with anyone of the way. She could care less of what others thought about her, but she knows that they will remember a face, and Sumire is a little hard to forget herself.

She has bright blue eyes, the tinge green in certain lighting and tends to catch people off guard. Her hair is jet-black, almost like a void. Though it had been cut to her shoulders in training not too long ago, she likes it long. When it grows to certain lengths it tends to turn a lighter colour at the ends. One of her favourite past-times is to dye the ends different colours until someone notices.

No one ever did.

'You would think that once I dyed my hair the exact colour of blood they would pick up on it. No, They only just picked up on it when Giyu chopped off all. my. fucking. hair.'

She sits down on her bed with a sigh, her haori ruffles loudly. She sighs, after almost ten years of wearing it she has to change the pattern. She then realises that Muichiro doesn't wear a haori, he just has a specialised uniform.

w.i.s.t.e.r.i.a.

"Now that you don't have someone to train we have to find another person. And you are gonna have to train them because no one else wants to." Giyu gives his counterparts a deadpanned look.