house

"Mom! Dad! He's back!" Max yelled.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me in. Brian just walked in and closed the door. My dad and Julie ran in. My dad hugged me tight.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? What did you do to your hair? Are you here to stay for good?" Dad kept asking questions. He soon let go.

"I'm fine. I shaved half of my head due to a mid life crisis trying to change my identity and trying to look more edgy." I answered the first few. "And no. We're going back to Hollywood." I walked over to Brian.

"Meet Brian. My best friend, basically brother and also roomate. He's actually the reason I'm here." I introduced.

"Hello." Brian waved.

"What do you mean the reason you're here?" Julie asked.

"Because I told him that seeing you guys would be the best for his mental health. Then after he refused to come I dragged him to the car." Brian explained. I looked down.

"Well... That's not the only way..." I added. I looked at Max. "Can you please go to the other room." He nodded his head okay and went to his room.

"What happened?" Dad asked.

"Yesterday I tried to jump off a bridge to end my life but him and our other friend; Markus grabbed and pulled me back on to the bridge right as I let go." I admitted.

"Oh my god. Thank you so, so much Brian." My dad thanked.

"Don't thank me. It was the humane thing to do." Brian shrugged. Julie walked back into the other room.

"I went out to see that Disturbed concert. But I didn't see you." Dad said.

"Yeah, I was the one with the red contacts, makeup, and the 'U' on my mask. You actually ended up talking to my now ex girlfriend." I replied. "After the show I stayed backstage moping around."

"I was the Bassist with the 'C' on my mask. But Contagious Filth is no longer together. We kinda broke up yesterday." Brian added. Julie came back in.

"Why don't you guys stay to eat?" She insisted. "We can order pizza or something."

"Well we have a 5 hour drive ahead of us-"

"Sure, we'd love to." Brian interrupted. Ugh.

"Well I'm gonna go pack up a few more things from my room."

Brian followed me downstairs. I got out another suit case and a box of trash bags.

"I'm honestly pretty disappointed that I didn't introduce myself as your soul mate." He joked as I put the rest of my clothes in a trash bag.

"Are you two boyfriends?" Max came down and asked. We quickly turned around.

"No. We're just friends. " I replied. "Is it alright if I bring some of my music collection? I don't want to bring all cause we may not have enough space."

"Dude, bring all of it." Brian insisted.

I walked over to my bookshelf of vinyl records, CDs, and cassette tapes. He helped me put it all in the suit case. He looked at one.

"Bro, you have Paranoid on record?" Brian gasped.

"Yeah, it was my moms." I nodded my head.

"I'm sorry about the record Chris." Max apologized.

"Look, I don't want to talk about that." I sighed.

I packed a few more things then looked around the room for anything else I needed. We then carried the suitcase and bags to the car.

"I don't want to stay and eat. I just want to go." I declared.

"Stop it Chris. They invited us to stay and it'd be rude if we declined." He said.

"No. I'm tired of being treated like a child." I hissed. "I'm 18. An adult. And you're only 3 years older than me."