Chapter 14- The Desert and Whispering, again

Appa...he's gone. We turned our attention to Aang, he was hurting, trembling, he lost something that meant everything to him.

"Toph..where's Appa?" Aang got closer to Toph, she was still on the ground.

"They took him....I'm so sorry Aang. I tried."

"You let them take Appa?" Aang yelled. I never saw him this angry before, it's terrifying.

"I tried to save him! I saved you guys! The library was going down." Toph was yelling back at Aang. What are we going to do now? We can't get out of here without Appa.

The wind started blowing around Aang. His eyes and arrow started glowing. I only saw him like this once, and that was when Yue died.

Sokka and Toph started running away from Aang. I stayed right here in this spot, so many things is happening at once. First I did something unexplainable to Wan Shi Tong, Appa is gone and now we're stuck here in the blistering heat, and Aang is about to kill somebody.

"Handsy! Let's go!" Sokka ran back and grabbed my hand. I turned my head back to look at Aang. Katara was holding him, that was working.

He got out of that state and looked directly ahead. He pulled his staff out and started flying, looking for Appa.

Katara walked up to us, none of us said anything. But we started walking, we don't know where we're going.

I was standing behind Toph, and thankfully the last person in the line because I don't want them to see me struggling.

"Hey can you watch-"

"No." Toph said to Sokka.

"Right..sorry about that."

Toph got in front of Sokka, leaving me behind him. The sun was unbearable, I felt my hair sticking to my face. My throat felt as dry as this desert that we're in.

"Katara do you have some water?" Toph said.

"It's my bending water, I don't have much." We all got a small sip of it.

"Wait you used this to fight the swamp people!" Sokka spat out the water.

"It does taste swampy." Toph replied. We kept walking, my legs felt like jello.

"Look! A cactus!" Sokka ran to some cacti.

"Sokka, you shouldn't drink the water from those." Katara said.

"Why? It won't hurt." He started drinking the cactus water. Momo was also drinking from it.

"Get you some cactus juice! Nothing is quencher, it'll quench ya! It's the quenchest!" Sokka started doing the worm, I couldn't help but laugh. He stopped and saw me. He walked up and held my hand.

"You're pretty!"

I let go of his hand so I could sign to him.

I know

"Whoa! She uses her hands!" Sokka looked at my neck. "That's a weird looking scar, hey I wonder if my hand fits there!" He put his hand around my neck,  the same way my father did. I pushed him off and started walking next to Katara.

"Hey I thought we were dating!" He ran to where I was. I tried ignoring him.

"Sokka she's not your girlfriend. Just try to behave." Katara said to him. He held my hand again, but I didn't pull it away, I was too tired to do anything right now.

Sokka gasped loudly at the sand dun. "It's a giant mushroom! Maybe it's friendly!"

Momo flew on top of my head, he laid there for some time. The sun was setting, making some beautiful colors in the sky.