50. pizza and champagne

*whole song*
...

Lou's POV

It is the twelfth already and Daniel should be back any minute.

I've been staying at his place for a few days. He gave me a spare key the day before he left for California. He specifically told me if I wasn't there when he got home I would get in some big trouble.

And I'm not exactly sure if I like his definition of trouble or not.

Anyways, I managed to clean his place up again. I'm not allowed to go into the room he didn't want me in when I first arrived at Daniel's place after the party. I don't want to invade his personal space because who knows what that will do to our relationship.

I don't want to make things worse when we are doing so good right now. It is five-thirty and I'm making myself dinner. I decide to pop open a bottle of champagne and make a pizza. I don't want to order one because I want to surprise Daniel with my cooking even if he is better.

Memories have been playing in my mind ever since Daniel has been gone. I miss him although it has only been a few days. I'm glad that we are going to New York for New Year's together. Finally, we can get some alone time.

Lately, Porter has been on my back with everything, and Kayla has been talking non stop about Jagger to me and Daniel. Barging in my room every time he is over just to complain about how Jagger never notices her.

Jagger has been warning me about my relationship with Daniel. Along with some of the beach boys too. I mentioned to them about it in a group chat. Brenna is supportive same with her boyfriend Aidan. Nick and Logan don't really care, they only care if I show up or not for the holidays. Tucker and Sam have been working with Porter finally on the pier and at the bar and Porter has been trying to find his significant other.

He has been explaining to me over text how he hasn't come out yet to his friends. He just wants to have lunch with me when I get back to Ocean Isle, Outer Banks. He wants me to show up at his volleyball match to cheer him on with Katy and Sam.

I've been handling my own job the best I can, hoping not to get fired or anything even though my boss Ms. Alice is super sweet to everyone. I don't want to ask her for the day off tomorrow just because Daniel is back. I know Daniel will complain in the morning which is why I have to get up sooner.

I'm hoping everything will run smoothly this week. I will spend the 13th and 14th with him and go shopping with Nick on the 14th as well. We finally decided on the color red after arguing about how good he looks in purple.

I'm excited to get to see my dad again. I have been keeping up with my mom more than I have for him. She has finally moved in at her apartment in New York. Settling in and sending me pictures every day. I'm amazed at how quickly she moved out but I know that her getting a job promotion is better and I need to be happy for her.

Things have been moving so quickly for the first few months in college. Everything is changing so fast. I feel like everything is spinning around me while I watch in confusion of expression. I don't know how to feel after all that has happened.

I met a boy who changed me for the better, some amazing friends, kept in touch with everyone from back home, have been keeping up my grades in class, and have a job. I feel like I'm living the dream of all girls who want their college life to be plastered and made out like that. Life is being good to me for once. For some reason, I feel like I'm perfectly fine. Things couldn't be better.