II. Caden Harvey

Chapter Two
Soroya

"You sure you don't want to come?" I ask my brother as I once again am forced to part ways with him.

Alex nods, turning his head to look at Khari and Bucky embracing. "I need to be here for my husband."

I lean up and wrap my arms around his neck, feeling him wrap his big arms around me in return and lift me off the ground, squeezing me tightly.

"I'll let you know if we need anything." I mumble into his shoulder.

"You better."

"Try to behave yourself."

Alex scoffs as he sets me down, giving me a mocking look and tone. "Yes, Mom, I'll be a good boy. Run along now and go save the world."

Now that Bucky is done saying his goodbyes to Khari, he goes over to do the same with Alex, giving me a moment to hug onto my brother in law, mumbling into his shoulder: "Don't hesitate to call if anything goes wrong. Even if it's something small."

Khari pulls back from me and smiles, brushing his thumb over my cheek gently. "Don't worry about us. We are perfectly fine here, it's us that will be worrying. I'm sorry that we can't come along with you, but I need to be here for my people."

"And that's exactly why you are such an incredible general."

I hug Khari one more time before stepping away from him and going over to Everett, the last person to see us off. In his hand is a file, which he hands to me, explaining to me: "This is the list Ross told you about. It's every HYDRA officer, agent, and accomplice that hasn't been captured or has escaped capture."

The file is bigger than I had expected. "How many are there?"

"Forty six."

I feel my eyes widen. "Forty six? Looks like we're going to be gone longer than I thought."

"You'll have Wilson and Walker to help you, and if you ever need backup for an arrest, the CIA and local authorities will be at your disposal."

I reach forward and give him a tight embrace, whispering to him: "Promise me you'll try your hardest to keep the UN out of Wakandan affairs. They've ruined enough things, Wakanda can't be one of them."

He nods to me as he pulls away, serious and firm as he says: "I'll try my hardest. Wakanda's lucky to have a king as strong as T'Challa, he'll give the UN the fight of their lives."

"One he'll no doubt win." I say to him with a smile.

Bucky finishes off his goodbye with Alex with an embrace, and with that, the two of us walk towards the ship hand in hand. As we ascend the ramp, I hold the file up to him, and I smile at his reply:

"It's bigger than I thought it would be. How many?"

"Forty six."

His eyes widen. "Forty six?"

I nod, pressing the button to shut the door. "That was my reaction."

He and I make our way to the pilot and co-pilot seat, and as Bucky preps the ship for take off I open up the file. I recognize a lot of the names on the list. Some people I'm shocked they are still alive, others I'm not surprised at all. One name in particular makes me let out a laugh, prompting Bucky to ask:

"Who did you see?"

I look up from the file, shaking my head in amusement. "Caden Harvey."

"Who?"