III. The Body

Chapter Three
Soroya

Once we get to Siberia, we land at the bottom of the mountain where the HYDRA base is, to the east, right where Foreman instructed us to. Bucky is currently dragging the chained officer along with us as we walk across the icy ground, we want to make sure we get the exact spot of Julian's body, and he's going to lead us right to it.

Foreman seems incredibly shocked to see Analiese. From his expression you'd think he'd seen a ghost. "We all thought you had died." He tells her.

Analiese stares at him in burning hatred, shaking her head. "Nope, and I'm glad I didn't, it means I can be here to see you be shipped off to a prison cell never to be seen again."

"I didn't kill your brother." He says in his own defense.

"No, but you buried him in an unmarked grave underneath the feet of the people who did."

He shakes his head, groaning as Bucky tightens his grip on Foreman's chains. "I was only doing my job."

"Myself and countless others have been at the mercy of HYDRA agents just doing their jobs."

For someone who used to be a HYDRA scientist, she really has grown to hate HYDRA. After she helped us take down Bauer and Zemo, and as I've visited her these last two years, I've come to see that she doesn't just hate HYDRA because of what happened to Julian. She hates HYDRA's quest to control people, she hates that thousands of innocent people have been made into weapons by HYDRA, like she was. One could say that it's hypocritical since Analiese used to be one of the people turning those innocents into weapons, but I know that a perspective change can alter a lot in someone's life.

Once we make it to the east side of the mountain, Bucky drops Foreman onto the floor, giving him what I like to call his 'Winter Soldier stare'. It's enough to bring even the fiercest warriors to their knees.

"Where did you bury his body?" Bucky asks, his voice dark, cold as the snow crunching beneath our feet.

Foreman gulps loudly and brings a shaking hand up, pointing in the direction he remembers burying the body. Now that we know the general direction of Julian's body, it's time to get tracking. I lock eyes with my brother and he gives me a nod, as well as an annoyed sigh. Since we need something with Julian's scent to track his body, and since we don't have anything that belonged to him, we need to use the next best thing: his sister. It means we have to smell her, and Alex isn't very pleased with this.

We both approach Analiese, earning a confused glare from her. I feel rather awkward as I explain: "We need to get Julian's scent...and you're the closest thing we got."

Though she doesn't look too pleased with this either, she nods, extending her arms out and gesturing for us to step closer. Alex and I both begin sniffing her, taking in her scent. She definitely smells like how I remember Julian smelling, though her scent is masked heavily in cheap prison soup. Despite the cheap soup however, I'm able to get his scent, and Alex confirms he has too when he says:

"Alright, lets get to work."

I nod to him, turning towards the never ending sea of snow and ice. "Lets go get him."

-

John

Since finding a body that's been buried in ice for more than twenty years is something only shapeshifters can do, the rest of us are left sitting here waiting. Bucky is watching Foreman, Remington is talking quietly with Jade, and Sam is staring at the two as they talk. He looks on edge seeing Jade with Remington, so on edge I have to say: