II. Brothers

Chapter Two
Soroya

Analiese is sitting on her bed when I walk into her prison cell. She's listening to the radio I gave her a couple years ago, and coming through the tiny speakers is classical music, which she always seems to be listening to when I come here. I think it calms her, there's a peacefulness in her face whenever she hears the music. It makes me glad I gave her that present.

She glances up at me in confusion as I walk in, turning down her radio. "I saw you two months ago, why are you here?"

I've kept my promise to her and visited her every six months for the past two years. These two hour visits mostly consist of me trying to make conversation for half of it, then giving up and listening to music with her for the remaining half. Her dislike of me hasn't faded in the past two years.

"Do you know a HYDRA officer named Lucas Foreman?" I ask her, pulling her desk chair in front of her and sitting down.

She nods, giving me a skeptic look. "Why?"

"We just captured him, and as a bargaining chip to get less prison time, he told me that he knows where Julian's body is buried."

All the confusion and skepticism fades from her features, completely replaced by shock. "What?"

"Foreman was in charge of disposing prisoner's bodies in Siberia, so he was the one who buried Julian. I worked out a deal with the FBI, they have granted you permission to leave for the next week and stay in our custody while we try to find Julian's body. Once we do, we'll make sure he's properly buried."

"You really came all the way here to bring me along?"

I nod, giving her an obvious look. "You're his sister, of course I would bring you along."

Usually everything out of her mouth is filled with venom, fueled with hatred, but she gives me a sincere nod, her voice full of gratitude as she says: "Thank you."

I nod back, gesturing towards the door. She pushes herself off the bed and walks with me out of her prison cell, shock still filling her features as she asks: "No handcuffs? No restraints?"

"You're about to get on a ship with two shapeshifters, a super soldier, two military men, and a woman who can blow things up with her mind. I don't think there's any need for that."

"So there's a new addition to your merry band?" Analiese asks. She had never met Jade before, and I don't think she knew about her during her time in HYDRA.

"Her name is Jade Rosales, she was a HYDRA prisoner. She has the powers of molecular combustion, she's been with us for the past two years."

Analiese looks mildly curious about Jade, but keeps any lingering questions she has to herself as we walk out of the prison. I watch her expression relax as we make our way over to the patch of grass the ship is parked on. It's an expression I know all too well, one I've had myself before. This is her first time leaving that prison in two years, this is her first taste of freedom in a long time. As someone whose been imprisoned before, I know how she feels. Getting out of the confines of a prison cell can feel intoxicating, euphoric depending on how long it's been.

Analiese is met with mixed expression as she climbs up the ramp and enters the ship. Bucky and Alex are sitting next to Foreman, who's chained to a bar on the side of the ship, glaring at her. John and Sam's expressions aren't pleasant either, the only one who isn't hostile is Jade, who is only that way because she's never met her before.

Analiese shares in their hostility, especially when it comes to Bucky. The first words out of her mouth are: "Hello Barnes, murdered anyone else's brothers lately?"