Am I useless

*In the other hallway, Andy and Rye are walking to their next class they share.*

Andy's P.O.V

"Trust me, Andy, the tres leche cake is peerless."

Trust is a funny, yet terrifying thing to feel. They say trusting so easily is naive. I wish I felt trust like that, instead, I see everyone that tries to befriend me as an enemy. 

The feeling of trusting someone is so unreal to me. Before "it" happened I trusted just about everyone. Before when I didn't have this heavy drowning feeling that follows me around.

"Rye, I want to trust you but it will take two to four years. Please do not think that I am trying to be rude. I just want to be upfront with you."

I said as I looked down at the floor.

Rye may not want to be my friend now. I fancy him, but I will not change for anyone. I am who I am and he can deal with it.

Rye's P.O.V

Gaining Andy's trust will be a tough and tricky road. When you cherish someone they are worth everything you have. 

"That's ok and you are worth the wait. To get a start why don't we go to the park after school?."

Rye said as he stopped walking.

"Sure"

 Andy said as he started to blush. The way he looks away to hide his face is so adorable. The way he moved around his fluffy hair to distract himself is just dainty.

*In Brook's and Jack's English 1 class. they are working on a 1,000-word essay.*

Jack's P.O.V

After what happened with Harvey I felt off.  To think that someone so happy all the time is suffering so much is scary. Harvey is so brave to suffer by himself with no one there for him.

 I will be there for him. When he wants to cry or rant I will listen. To be there to try to understand him little by little.

It's funny how well people can fake their happiness or in my case confidence. People think that I have my whole life planned. I walk around knowing my worth or so others though.

Rye helped me know my worth and I have struggled with it since middle school. The voices in my head tell me that I am dumb, worthless, useless. 

Most days my mom would find me in the bathroom in the dark silently crying. She didn't know what to do, so she called Rye. In a way, Rye helped me come out of the darkness that I had fallen so deep into.

Someday's the voices do come back. Today is one of those days, how I wish they just go away.

"Baby, are you ok?"

Brook asked as he started to pull me into a side hug.

My breathing started to speed up and come out sharp. The voices started to scream. I could feel my body start to fall to the ground. Someone picked me up and sat me down in their lap on the ground.

"I am here for you. Fouse on my heartbeat, my voice, and my tough."

Brook said as he rubes up and down my arm. At the same time, he softly sings a lullaby.