25 - Umbrella

༉‧⁀➷

༉‧⁀➷

The black-haired man opens his mouth, but he doesn't say anything. He just stares at Taehyun with wide eyes, obviously at a loss of words. "W-Why..."

Taehyun took Beomgyu's other hand as well. "Let me finish the story. Taehyun had a huge fight with his mother that day he wanted to meet his crush. She got a call that someone cut in line and stole the transplant that my- his father was supposed to get. She wanted to go to the hospital with him, but Taehyun...he didn't care about his dad. He just wanted to get to the café. Such a selfish brat, right? He didn't know it would've been his last chance to see his father."

"Oh Taehyun..."

"Taehyun simply left and went to the café, but he never made it. Some guys from school had seen him handing the letter over to his crush and they didn't like him 'acting out of his line'. They caught him before he could reach the café and made it pretty clear that Taehyun's crush was out of his reach. He was rich and Taehyun...he's just..." His voice breaks and Taehyun turns around in shame, trying to hide his tears.

Why are you so weak? Stop crying...

Arms wrap around him from behind and Beomgyu buries his head in his shoulder. "That's not true. You know what they said is not true."

"I- He thought he's stronger than them, but then he started thinking...maybe he's really not enough for his crush. I didn't- I mean, he-"

Beomgyu tightens his grip around him. "Stop that, Taehyun. Stop telling the story as if it's not your own."

He suppresses a sob. "I thought it would be...easier to tell you...this way..."

"I saw you waiting in the café...but I didn't dare to come over. I fainted and woke up in the hospital later..." Taehyun shuts his eyes.

He knows he's trembling from the tears he is keeping in. "My mom told me my father has passed away. She was sure someone had bribed the doctor with money to get in front of us on the list. She...she blamed me for his death- and it hurt so much. Everything...my father's death, her words and that I lost you- everything..."

"Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you come? Why did you lie...Taehyun... all these years-"

He turns around in Beomgyu's arms and hugs the older man back. He can see that Beomgyu is crying as well and the tears on his face break Taehyun's heart.

He knows he has to continue his story before it becomes too hard again. "I was too stubborn to admit my mistakes. My mother and me, we fought even more, and I spent most of my time in my room."

Taehyun takes a deep breath. "My mom died in a traffic accident shortly afterwards. It's my fault she died...I might as well have killed her with my own hands. It's my fault she was stressed out and that she didn't even go to the doctor to get treated-"