Chapter 39

Chapter 39

*Nathan's POV*

*A few days later*

I put Sam's bags by the front door and then jogged back upstairs to our room. She had come home yesterday and now I was about to drive her to the rehab center.

The worst part was that she was going to be staying there for as long as the doctors thought she needed. I couldn't stay with her, I could only visit.

I slipped into our room and was not surprised by where I found Sam. She was curled up in our comforter on a chair by the window. She'd been sitting there all day and some of the night.

She turned her head and looked at me.

"Time to go?" She asked quietly.

I walked over to her and crouched by her chair, "Yes beautiful, we should get going." I said.

She looked back out the window and sighed.

I looked at her worriedly. Ever since she realized that they had crashed because she passed out she had barely spoken to anyone. She didn't smile or laugh. I've even caught her crying a few times.

I was glad she was going to the rehab center, I was so worried about her. She seemed like she was on the verge of being clinically depressed.

She stood silently with the blanket still wrapped around herself. She walked over to the bed and dropped the blanket onto the bed. I sucked in a breath and looked away, she was so skinny. She was wasting away to nothing. All of her bones were protruding through her skin.

On top of all that she still had all of the cuts and the bruises were just beginning to fade. She looked so terrible, I felt so bad for her.

She began to slowly walk to the door. I stood and slipped my arm around her. She was still a bit weak and in pain, so I just wanted to be careful.

When we got downstairs everyone was waiting for us.

Ashley rushed forward and gave Sam a tight squeeze, "I'll visit as often as I can." She said quietly.

Everyone else took their turns hugging her and then it was Tom's turn.

He pulled her into a gentle hug and then said, "You need to know that we all love you and that no one blames you for anything, I promise."

She nodded silently, "Thanks everyone, I'll see you all soon." She said quietly.

They all gave me worried looks as I walked by them. I couldn't reassure them, I was worried too.

******

"I'll visit you as often as I can, I promise." I said pulling Sam into my arms.

I had gotten her checked in and helped her unpack her clothes. Now it was time for me to leave. I really didn't want to, but I knew that being here would really help her.

She felt so frail in my arms.

"I love you Samantha." I said into her hair.

She pulled away and there were tears rolling down her cheeks.

"I'm really sorry Nathan. I really dont want to be here though." She whispered.

"Sam, beautiful, you have to stay here. They are going to get you better. As soon as you are they'll let me bring you home. I promise." I cupped her skinny face gently in my hands and kissed her softly.

She sank into the kiss so much that I was practically holding her up. I smiled against her lips, there was a small bit of the real Sam.

After we pulled away I gave her a hug and kissed her forehead.

"I love you." I said looking into her eyes.

"Forever." She whispered.

'Tom's POV'

I was laying on my bed thinking when there was a knock at the door.

"Come in." I said sitting up.

Nathan came in and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"You wanted to see me?" He asked quietly.

He was not doing very well with all the stuff going on with Sam.

"This probably seems like a terrible time to do this, but I want to ask Ashley to marry me. Do you think it's a bad idea to do it now?" I asked.

"Nah mate, I think you should go for it. Sam will be happy for you." He said smiling at me.

I grinned, "Really? That's great. I already have the ring. "

"I'm happy for you. I know she'll say yes."

"You think so?" I asked grinning at me.

"Yeah mate, she loves you. She'd be crazy to say no." He smiled.

"Sam's going to be okay, you know that right?" I said as he walked to the door.

He nodded, "I really hope so mate."

Sorry it's not happy yet! It'll get there soon! sorry it took so long! hope you liked it!