Chapter 25 -- Part 1

Chapter 25

~Part 1~

*Ashley's POV*

Tom shuffled into the room coughing, a blanket wrapped tightly around him. He groaned as he sat down beside me on the couch.

I sneezed and blew my nose, "No groaning and complaining from you! I'm sick like this because of you!" I said hoarsely.

I turned my head to look at him and he tilted his head toward me, "But you still love me." He replied hoarsely.

I rolled my eyes but nodded. "Besides, it's only a cold." He said before turning his head away and coughing a bunch.

"A cold that has lasted over a week! This is a flu Tom, let's face it!" I complained.

My head was pounding, my throat was burning, my nose was running, I was freezing, I just felt like crap. I closed my eyes and snuggled down under my blanket more. The past week and a half we'd been living in his house so that the rest of the boys could take care of us because Sam and Nathan were both sick too. Apparently they had also taken a little adventure in the cold rain and both ended up really sick too. Which had led to Sam temporarily moving in here also. I heard someone coming down the stairs and I opened my eyes again. Nathan stumbled in with his arm around Sam, both of them looked terrible. Sam sat down on a seat across from me and Nathan went into the kitchen and I could hear him putting the kettle on. He came back into the room and lifted Sam off of the seat and placed her on his lap.

"You two look like shit." Sam said hoarsely.

Nathan nodded in agreement, "You look how I feel." His voice was hoarse too.

I nodded, "You two look pretty bad yourselves." I said.

Talking launched me into a coughing attack. Tom lifted his head and moved toward me and rubbed my back lightly. As it slowed I took deep breaths. When it finally stopped I took a shaky breath and looked at Tom.

I smiled slightly, "I really hate coughing. It hurts so bad." I whispered.

He pulled me close and kissed my warm forehead, "I'm so sorry baby." He said against my head.

"Oh it's not your fault!" I whispered quickly looking up at him.

He smiled, "It kind of is, I was the one that pulled you into the pool in the rain." He kissed my forehead again.

I snuggled into his arms and smiled to myself, "It doesn't matter, I had fun being spontaneous." I whispered.

He chuckled lightly and gave me a squeeze. Nathan walked up to us with two cups of tea. I smiled and took it from him. He settled back into his seat with Sam on his lap again. We all sat there in silence drinking our tea.

**********************

I woke up to the sound of laughter. I had completely passed out earlier, it must've been all of the medicine that I was taking. I rubbed my eyes and opened them. Sam and Nathan were laying on the floor wrapped in eachother's arms, laughing and watching Family Guy. I sat up and noticed that Tom was gone. I rolled myself off of the couch and stood.

"How can you guys be laughing?" I croaked as I shuffled past them blanket wrapped tightly around me.

Sam giggled, "I just took a ton of pain meds." She replied hoarsely.

Nathan laughed, his voice and laugh was even deeper because he was sick. "Same here!" He replied and kissed her forehead.

I groaned and made my way up the stairs slowly. My entire body was screaming at me. I got to Tom's room and went in as quietly as possible. I grinned, Tom was laying topless on the bed. Even when I felt like I was dying, seeing Tom brightened my mood instantly. I dropped my blanket and crawled into the smallest space possible in front of him. His body was really hot, his fever must've come back. I saw the glass of water and the bottle of pills on the side table and realized that he had taken meds also. I sighed, turned over, and pressed my face up against his hot chest. I was freezing and his warmth was better than any blanket, it made me safe and happy. He shifted and slipped his arms around me.

He leaned down and kissed my forehead, "Hey beautiful girl." He mumbled in my ear.

I smiled against his chest, "Hey there hot stuff. I think you have a fever again." I said and pressed my lips against his hot chest.

"Yeah, I do. I feel horrible, but I have good news." He said.

"What's up?" I asked snuggling closer to him and closing my eyes.

"My throat doesn't hurt anymore." He said quietly.

I opened my eyes and looked up at him, "Really?" He nodded and grinned.

I swallowed and then grinned, "What a coincidence Mr. Parker, mine doesn't hurt anymore either."

He slid his arms down my back and grabbed me around the waist. He pulled me on top of him and kissed my forehead and my cheeks and my nose before finally hovering over my lips.

His warm breath tickled my face and I smiled at him, "I love you." I said.

He grinned, "And I love you. More than anything in the world." He said before crashing his lips against mine.

I grinned against his lips, his kisses were sweeter than honey. They set my body on fire.

I hope you liked it! let me know what you think! :) xx