Chapter 40

Chapter 40

~Trial Run~ 

'Nathan's POV'

*1 month has passed*

"Hello Mr. Sykes?"  

"Yes?" I said fumbling with the tv remote to turn it down. 

"This is Doctor Bailey, Sam's doctor." 

"Is something wrong?" I said sitting up. 

"Actually just the opposite, Sam's doing remarkably well. I know you were upset that we weren't letting you come by recently. We thought it would be best, and apparently it's been working! I want to try sending her home for week, but on one condition." 

"I'll do anything." I said a huge smile on my face. 

"You have to promise me, if you see her slipping back into her old ways, you have to call me!" 

"I swear I will. If she makes it the full week can she stay permanently?" 

"Yes she definitely can. Make things as normal as possible for her, but still be really careful. She's still skinny and lightly bruised from the accident." 

"Okay, I'll do it, I promise. Have you told her yet?"  

"No, we thought you might like to surprise her. You can come now if you like." 

I grinned widely, "I'll be there in a few."

I hung up and put my phone in my pocket. I rushed up the stairs and grabbed my jacket and keys.

I didn't want to tell anyone else, I figured that they needed a bit of happiness and a surprise of seeing Sam would bring them just that. 

I couldn't wait to see my girl. It had been way too long.

'Sam's POV'

I was sitting by the window, wrapped in a blanket, drinking a hot cup of tea. I was thinking about the only thing I ever thought about... Nathan.

I sighed, I hadn't been able to see him or talk to him in a few weeks and I missed him so much.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head back. It hurt to think about him because I knew it was my fault that we weren't together. That's why I had been working so hard with my doctor, my therapists and my healthy living trainers. I needed to be with him. 

I heard someone come up behind me and I turned around, assuming that it was someone coming to check in on me. They did that about every half hour.

"I'm all rig-" I couldn't finish, because it wasn't a doctor. It was my boyfriend.

"Hey there gorgeous." He said grinning widely at me.

I put my mug down slowly, and then rushed over to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. He put his hands on my back and pulled me even closer. I couldn't even speak, the only thing I could do was hold him.

After we stood there for awhile, he pulled back slightly and kissed my forehead.

"I missed you so much Sam." He said leaning his forehead against mine.

"I missed you too Nathan! How are you even here?!" I said grinning at him.

"I came to surprise you! Your doctor said I could come for a visit because you're doing so well."

"That's so great Nath! I'm so happy you're here!" I exclaimed.

"I'm happy too! They told me at the front that you do have a few sessions today and that I can go to all but one, so I can hang out in your room during it."