Chapter 41

Chapter 41

'Max's POV'

"Hey," I grinned as Sam came into the room with her blanket wrapped around herself.

She sat beside me on the couch, "Goodmorning," she whispered with a pretty smile.

"You're up quite early, can't sleep?" I asked turning slightly.

She nodded, "Yeah, I've been having a hard time since the accident."

"Wanna tell me about it?"

She shook her head, "Nah, I think I'll just sit here if that's okay with you?"

I smiled, "Of course." She grinned and cuddled down under her blanket.

After a while she put her head down on the armrest of the couch and then she stretched her legs out so they were across my lap. I glanced over at her and her eyes were closed. I smiled and pulled the blanket over her feet.

*An hour later*

Nathan came downstairs, "Hey," He said after glancing down at Sam.

"Hey, she couldn't sleep so she came down to watch TV and then she fell asleep." I whispered.

He nodded and walked into the kitchen. I really hope he doesn't think anything of it... Sam's gorgeous and a sweetheart, but I wouldn't do that to him.

'Nathan's POV'

I wasn't going to dwell on the fact that I woke up and Sam was sleeping with Max downstairs... It made me uncomfortable though. I wasn't going to say anything to Sam, she was in a fragile state... I didn't want her to lapse back into not eating.

I cooked us breakfast and put it on the table. I walked back into the living room to wake Sam up. Max was still sitting there, but I just ignored him and went to her head.

"Wake up gorgeous." I said kissing her forehead.

Her eyelids fluttered and she sat up, "Morning Nath!"

"Morning beautiful. I made breakfast." I smiled.

She stood beside me and grinned, "Awesome! Thanks for letting me use your lap as a footrest." She said turning to Max.

"Anytime you need it, my lap is available!" He said laughing. "I'm just glad you're home."

"I'm glad too. I'll see you a bit later Max."

I took her hand and pulled her to the table so we could eat.

'Tom's POV'

I jogged down the staircase looking for Sam. Now that she was home I could finally ask her about marrying Ashley. I was really excited. I loved her like a sister and I really hope that she felt the same way and enough that she'd let me marry her sister.

"Hey Sam, can we go outside and talk?" I asked her.

She was sitting on the couch cuddling with Nathan. She grinned at me, "Of course."

Nathan smiled at me as she walked toward the deck, I had a feeling that he knew exactly what I was going to ask.

"So what's up?" She asked sitting on a deck chair.

"I wanted to ask you about something... You know I love Ashley more than anything. I was hoping to get your approval before I asked her to marry me." I cringed waiting for her response.

She flew off her chair and wrapped her arms around me, "Oh my gosh. My approval!? YOU HAVE IT! You make Ashley crazy happy and that's all I want for her. Also, there's no one in the world that I'd rather have as my big brother."

I laughed and hugged her tightly, "Thank you so much Sam! I am very excited about having you as a sister... Assuming she says yes."

Sam hit my arm lightly, "She so will say yes! She loves you so much Tom!"

I grinned, "I really hope so."

**************

'Sam's POV'

After I spoke with Tom I went back inside to watch TV with Nathan. He wasn't there though, Max was. I grinned at him, "Where's Nathan?"

"He said he was going to the store for something, but he wanted me to tell you that he'd be back soon." Max said.

I sat beside him, "Okay, sounds good. I guess we get to hang out again." I said grinning at him.

"Are you allowed to drink alcohol on your diet?" He asked getting up and going to the kitchen.

I laughed, "Yes! But only a little, so if you're getting a beer, I'll just share with you."

He came back with an open beer. He gulped a bunch down and then handed me the bottle. I took a few sips and he took it from me. "That's only a little." He said laughing when I pouted at him.

I reached for it but he held it away from me. I leaned across him and wiggled my fingers for it. He tickled my side and I laughed and pulled up a bit so we were face to face. I was breathing fast and he smiled at me. He leaned forward and kissed me deeply. I kissed him back and ran my hand up his chest to his cheek. He put his hands on my waist and pulled me up so I was sitting on his lap.

He worked his way down my neck and I threw my head back while he kissed me. It felt so good, I hadn't been kissed like that in so long. It had been about two months since Nathan had kissed me passionately.

Oh my god. Nathan. I pulled away breathing heavily. "I can't Max." I breathed before running up the stairs.

How was I going to explain this to Nathan!?

*****************************

MAJOR TWIST IN THERE!! hope you all liked it! Especially Sam since I made you wait so long!