nine | luna

Mack and Luna's outfits for the party!^

Get ready for some Hazza!!

There are very few moments in life where I am completely still

I find my legs trembling, my fingertips tapping, my shaky breath swirling in my chest.

Up, down, up, down, up, down.

Even my mind cannot keep up with the speed of my thoughts racing, as if they are teasing "catch me if you can."

But you are there, rooted into the earth.

Arms spread, open to my love.

Your warmth envelops me, and I sink into your body.

It fits me like a glove, and I finally feel like I can let my walls down.

So I pick up my sledgehammer and together we tear them apart,

What's left is nothing but dust, and we stand amongst the ashes, hand in hand,

perfectly still.

I put down my pen and tuck my journal away in my desk drawer after pouring my thoughts onto the page. I still have yet to come up with my topic for my story, but I still force myself to write every day, even if it's not what I should be working on.

Classes today went by quickly, Professor Stine praised my commentary on Whitman's free verse and how he shaped modern American poetry. I wanted to ask Tyler about the party he's throwing tonight, but he didn't show up to walk with me to class today. So, I decide to ask Mackenzie what she heard.

"Hey Mack?" I call out as I exit my bedroom.

"In here!" She calls from across the hall in her bedroom. I enter the room, the delicious scent of her vanilla candle invading my nose.

"I was wondering what you heard about Tyler's party tonight?" I ask her, taking a seat on the edge of her bed.

Mackenzie is perched at her vanity, applying thick makeup to her eyelids. She meets my eyes through the reflection in the mirror and I see a wicked grin take over her face. "A little birdie told me a certain british singer is going to be there looking for you." She says cheekily, swiping lipgloss across her lips. Oh dear God. Did I really make that much of an impression on him? "It's not really a party, he's only inviting over a small group of people. Tyler also said his pool is getting cleaned and nobody is allowed in it, so I wouldn't bother wearing a swimsuit. You and I are going to dress like a million bucks tonight!" She cheers, standing up and stalking towards me.