Lies

Fluff / angst / despair Au / killing game Au
Kaito's pov

"Ooooh Momota ~ chan!" Damnit. I was trying to have a peaceful breakfast with my sidekicks. I look over. Kokichi is running up to me smiling. I look away and act like I didnt hear him. "Stupid kaito, I know you heard me."

"Seriously Ouma I'm trying eat breakfast." I know that wont get him to go away, but maybe it'll get him to shut up.

"Me too. Why else would I come to the cafeteria." He leaves to get a panta. When he comes back he sits right next to me.

"Ouma, I dont think Kaito meant that you should sit by him. I dont even think he wants to be near you." Maki glares at Kokichi. Kokichi's eyes fill with tears.

"WAHHHH, YOUR ALL SO MEAN!!" He stops crying almost instantly. "But, that was just a lie." He chugs the panta and leaves. Geez, he's annoying.

"Momota ~ chan!!" What does he want now!? Kokichi runs up behind me and tackles me. "Neishishi~ what you doing?"

"I was going to my lab bu-

"Great I'll go with you!" He cuts me off and jumps on my back. "Carry me peasant!" I sigh and walk to my lab. He would probably just annoy me if I dont take him.

When we get to the lab, Kokichi runs around and touches everything. "Stop touching that!" I pull him away and sit him down on a chair. He pouts and crosses his arms. "Stay here."

"Whyyyyy? I wanna help!"

"No." I walk away to start some work. Luckily, I got about 10 minutes of quiet till he got bored.

"Hey Momota ~ chan! What you doing now?" I try and ignore him. "Momota ~ channnnnnnnn!"

"What!!" I snap and yell at him. He looks taken back, but quickly puts on a smile.

"What you doinggggg?"

"Are you trying to annoy me?" I ask him avoiding his question.

"Nope. Just wanna hang out with my favorite person!" Obviously, a lie.

"Ouma. I'm not in the mood for this so if your just gonna annoy me leave. Now." He pouts and shakes his head no.

"Why cant you just listen for once? This is why everyone hates you!" He's smiling, but his eyes tell that he's actually hurt. He stays quiet. "Well, are you going to answer my question?"

"I... I was hoping to get closer to you." He wishpers so i could barely here him, but I do.

"Why?" He looks away and clenches his fists. He mumbles something, but I cant hear him. "Can you repeat that?"

"BEACAUSE I LIKE YOU!!" He blurts out. He's just as shocked as me that he said that.

"W-what?"

"You heard what I said." Kokichi heads to the door, but I grab his hand. What am i doing? He turns back around to me.

"I-i like you, too." What the he am I saying?!? I dont like him! He's an annoying liar. His face lights up with shock and glee.

"Do you mean..it?" No I dont mean it. I nod. Shit. Kokichi smiles and runs over to me. He hugs me and I hug him back. Damn it what did I get myself into.

For the next two weeks me and Kokichi hanged out all the time. Since we're dating. I feel horrible. I dont have feelings for him, but he loves me with all his heart...I think. We're currently in my dorm cuddling.

There has to be an easy way to let him know I dont actually love him. He is cute, but I dont like him at all. Maybe I should just be honest, but I dont want to hurt him. "Hey Kaito Is everything ok?"

I look down. Kokichi I looking at me concerned. I cant keep lying to him. I'm gonna tell him the truth. "Ya... everything is ok. Kokichi there is something I need to tell you.." he sits up confused.

"What is it?"

"The truth is I dont have feelings for you.... at all." His eyes fill with hurt and betrayal. He smiles, but tears form the corners of his eyes. 

"W-what?" His voice cracks when he speaks.

"I'm sorry. That day... what I told you it wasnt true... I don't have feelings for you. I never did." He looks away to hide the tears, but I can see them falling. Kokichi stands up and heads for the door. He stops and turn to me.

"Its my fault. I shouldn't of expected it to be true. Besides who would love a liar like me." He smiles and leaves. I dont stop him. I just sit there my chest hurting. I made a huge mistake.

I'm not crying you have no proof. On a side note my birthday is in 54 days I request money or my amazon wishlist (jk jk... unless. I'm kidding I swear)

~816 words~