Chapter 19: Home

Foxy P.O.V.

After maybe about fifteen minutes of driving in completely awkward silence, we finally arrived at a small house surrounded by a group of well-sized trees. The house was one-story and very small. Even still, it was a nice house. It was actually in much better condition than Freddy's Pizzeria itself.
"This is my house." Mike got out of the car with me and Emily following him. "It's not much, but..."
"I think it's very nice." I cut him off. "Thank you for making this offer to us." I turned slightly red. Damn it! Why did everything feel so awkward?!
Mike paused. "T-thank you." He pulled out a second key and approached the front door with it in his hand. He unlocked the door and let Emily and me in.
"Wow..." I looked around. The place was very well-kept and organized. I never expected Mike to be like that. "It's very nice."
"Thank you." Mike took off his work jacket and hung it up on a rack. He then took his keys out of his pocket and hung them up on a separate hook.
"How do you keep this place so organized?" I knew that even I couldn't maintain such a state of organization even if I wanted to.
"I have quite a bit of spare time, Foxy." He laughed and took off his shoes. I did the same. Emily just watched the whole show, levitating and looking as though she'd laugh from the awkwardness of it all. I set my boots by the door, next to Mikes shoes and quietly following him.
"So, uh, Mike," I tried to make the setting a little less embarrassing for me. "Quick question: What are we going to do about, you know, uh, sleeping arrangements?"
Mike stopped. "Does Emily need a bed or something?"
"She doesn't really sleep." I explained. "She actually doesn't do much of what a human normally does. She just kind of, hangs around. She's the reason I haven't been completely alone all these years."
"Ah," Mike said, continuing his walk to what I assumed to be the kitchen. "So if that's the case, since I've only got one bed you wouldn't mind sharing it with me, right?" He stopped again, those lovely cerulean blue eyes meeting mine again. I turned red. Us? Sharing a bed? Now that I think about it, it shouldn't have been as embarrassing as it was considering we had pretty much... *ahem*... "slept" with each other twice already, but the prospect of it was still a lot for me to take in.
"N-No problem." I stammered. Wow. That was easier to say than I thought. Mike grinned.
"Nervous much?" He snickered. I didn't see what was so funny.
"Ah, nevermind." Mike sighed and wrapped his arms around my shoulders, pulling me in closer to him. Emily's eyes widened from the corner of the room and so did mine.
"I kind of enjoy this, Foxy." He smiled his dopey human smile and a small blush appeared on his face. "You know, being so close to you like this..." He let out a small chuckle. "And the fact that you're acting so embarrassed about this being your first time here... It just makes you look even cuter than you already are~..." He pulled me in closer and kissed me. Emily's face flew up in red and she teleported off somewhere, probably off to go explore. I stifled a humph and melted into Mike's kiss. Cripes, if she was uncomfortable with this, she had no idea what she was in for. I smirked to myself as our kiss became slightly more heated. No doubt. She really had no clue what she was in for...

•••

Author's Note: I have the strangest urge to write a lemon right now...
*AUTHOR OUT*