Chapter 25: Logic Defiance Part 1

Author's Note: The video above is just for a totally badass song that I thought fit my Foxy and Freddy's behavior towards each other COMPLETELY. It's called "Karakuri Manji Burst"... Just don't question it, okay?
*author out*

Foxy P.O.V.
That night, Mike had apparently been excused from work because Cassidy had to stay after hours for some reason. Don't ask me why. I'm not the boss. Mike seemed okay for the first half of the night. Then, at about ten thirty, when we were about to sack out for the night, Mike got up and headed down to the medicine cabinet.
"Ahh, damn it..." He was cursing like a truck driver again.
"Are you OK, Mikey?" I sat up at the edge of the bed.
"Ugh... do I fucking look okay to you?" Mike sounded awful. "My guts're killing me. I feel so sick right now it's not even funny." he sighed. "Come to think of it, calling the doctor doesn't sound like such a bad idea." He made is way over to the phone. I looked him up and down all the way. He looked perfectly fine.
Then again, you can't look at someone and know right away if they have the flu.
"Hello?" Mike's voice sounded weary. "Yes, hello, Urgent Care? I need to schedule an appointment for Mike Schimdt... Yes, as soon as possible. Thank you. We'll be right over." Mike put the phone back.
"Get dressed and get in the car." He looked at me. "Use some of my clothes. I don't want to be dragging around any more attention than I've already got." He sighed again and set off to retrieve some clean clothing. I did the same.
"You know," He remarked as we climbed into the car. "You look enough like a teenager to me for me to say it's about time we got you a driver's license." He stuck the key in the ignition and turned it on.
"Where are we going?" I tried my best not to sound nervous.
"Urgent Care." Mike backed out of the driveway. "No chance in hell am I waiting till morning to find out what's wrong with me." He had a point. For all we knew, he could have had Ebola.
"Mike..." I was about to tell him I was sorry for him being sick, but he didn't seem to be in the mood to listen. Instead, I just looked out the window the whole ride there.
When we pulled in, Mike scrambled out of the car and I did not hesitate to follow him in.
"Hello, ma'am." Mike stood at the front desk of the building, which, as I noticed, was huge. "Mike Schmidt." The nurse checked him in.
"Mike." A female doctor appeared ton the doorway to the right of the check-in counter not five minutes later. "Come on in. Bring your friend." Both of us followed her into a room in the back. Mike was instructed to sit down on a table.
"Hi, Mike. I'm Cassidy's sister." He smiled.
"Really?" I myself didn't even know Cass had a sister.
"Yes, really." The nurse looked my way. "You seem familiar. Have we met?"
Maybe once, when the place was being built.
"Nope." I averted my gaze just to be safe.
"Anyway, Mike." She sounded more serious. "What's wrong?"
"Well, I'm in serious pain, especially around the stomach area..." The nurse, whose name was Lauren, quietly laid her hand on Mike's stomach. Mike moaned in pain.
"Right there." Mike sounded like he was badly hurt. "That's where it hurts..." I held his hand.
"Its okay, Mikey." I reassured him. "It'll all be over in a second..." I spoke way too soon.
"Uh, Mike..." Lauren's face showed both humor and concern. "I don't know how exactly to say this, but the source of your pain is a child."
"WHAT?!" Mike sat straight up and immediately yowled out in pain. I tried to calm him down.
"You mean," Mike was freaking out. "I'm pregnant?!"
"Is that even possible?" I asked.
"It is, but only under very special circumstances." Lauren replied.
"Wow..." I couldn't believe it. By some miracle (or curse, whichever one a child is), I had knocked up the love of my life and now we were going to have a child. "In any case, I hope it's a girl." I tied to lighten the mood.
Mike smiled. "She'll probably look a lot like you."
"Now, now," I cut in. "You've got some traits that would look nice on her, too."
"Hold up." Lauren said. "We don't even know if it's a girl yet."
Everyone realized this and laughed.

•••

AUTHOR IS OUT OF IDEAS.
UNTIL NEXT TIME.
*AUTHOR OUT*